William Wordsworth

Skip to the first unread message

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

27 Sept 2011, 11:05:24 am27/09/11
to indiantreepix
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never ending line
Along the margin of a bay.
Ten thousand saw I at glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought.

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.

Follow Rediff Deal ho jaye! to get exciting offers in your city everyday.
Kaas.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2011, 11:06:43 am27/09/11
to efloraofindia
Nice... this is so cute.... and nice picture too.
Thanks for sharing.
Pankaj

On Sep 27, 11:05 pm, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> Continuous as the stars that shine
> And twinkle on the milky way,
> They stretched in never ending line
> Along the margin of&nbsp;a bay.
> Ten thousand saw I at glance,
> Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
> I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
> What wealth the show to me had brought.
> Shrikant Ingalhalikar12 Varshanand SocietyAnandnagar Sinhagad RoadPune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.comTel91 20 2435 0765.Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
>  Kaas.jpg
> 616KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

27 Sept 2011, 11:09:07 am27/09/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
... wonderful sight, Shrikant ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Rakesh Biswas

27 Sept 2011, 11:11:43 am27/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Looks better than Van Gogh painting.

:-)

Jency Samuel

27 Sept 2011, 11:16:44 am27/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Beautiful and what an apt poem to go with it.

Jency
Chennai

27 Sept 2011, 11:49:04 am27/09/11
to Balkar Arya, Rakesh Biswas, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Fantastic Shrikant ji. Its a "Heaven on Earth".
Regards
Prashant

Satish Phadke

27 Sept 2011, 12:37:26 pm27/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Heavenly and apt too.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Shrikant Ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Ushadi micromini

27 Sept 2011, 10:17:51 pm27/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, efloraofindia, Rakesh Biswas, Balkar Arya

On Sep 27, 8:05 pm, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> Continuous as the stars that shine
> And twinkle on the milky way,
> They stretched in never ending line

> Along the margin of&nbsp;a bay.

> Ten thousand saw I at glance,
> Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
> I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
> What wealth the show to me had brought.

Ushadi micromini

27 Sept 2011, 10:18:10 pm27/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, efloraofindia, Rakesh Biswas, Balkar Arya

Well: very nice start of a thread.. nice poem well loved and
remembered from childhood...
WONDERFUL picture... makes one want to go there right away... Shrikant
ji. I second Balkar ji ij=n his question... ME too, Me too... lead
us.. you brave soul...

but to my mind.. transposing a field of PLANTED man -made meadow of
Gold did not suit well for this God made field of PINK...Red SCARLET
and green... and a stream that brought part of sky down to earth....

No disrespect to William but his words don't do anything for this
picture....
Sorry
Usha di
======

P:S WHAT DOES KAAS stand for in your pic label?

wrote:

> Continuous as the stars that shine
> And twinkle on the milky way,
> They stretched in never ending line

> Along the margin of&nbsp;a bay.

> Ten thousand saw I at glance,
> Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
> I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
> What wealth the show to me had brought.

Ushadi micromini

27 Sept 2011, 10:21:30 pm27/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
This reminds me of wild flower meadow in the Texas prairie...
pink bottle brush...
although the plants cant be seen individually here to discern
each.....

Usha di

-----------

wrote:

> Continuous as the stars that shine
> And twinkle on the milky way,
> They stretched in never ending line

> Along the margin of&nbsp;a bay.

> Ten thousand saw I at glance,
> Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
> I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
> What wealth the show to me had brought.

Giby Kuriakose

28 Sept 2011, 9:25:14 am28/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Superb! both the picture and the poem....

Thanks for sharing

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Ritesh Choudhary

29 Sept 2011, 12:31:41 am29/09/11
to efloraofindia
Wonderful picture Shrikant Ji,

Would like to visit Kaas during flowering season.

Btw...what are these tiny herbs?

Regards,
Ritesh.

J.M. Garg

29 Sept 2011, 1:40:29 am29/09/11
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Thanks, Shrikant ji. That's all I can say. No more words!!!

On 27 September 2011 20:35, Shrikant Ingalhalikar <le...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species).

hari lal

29 Sept 2011, 1:48:07 am29/09/11
to J.M. Garg, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
very funny thanks for sharing
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

shrikant ingalhalikar

29 Sept 2011, 7:57:42 am29/09/11
to efloraofindia
You all may thank the almighty who created this landscape, the
greatest of the poets and unknown photographer who sent it to me for
ID. I am just the editor. For those who do not know, this is from
Kaas, a lateritic plateau 130 km south of Pune and the plant is
Impatiens lawii Hook. f. & Thomson. The plateau wears a hue of single
colour (blue, white, pink, yellow, purple) every week formed by
different plants like Eriocaulon, Utricularia, Smithia, Pleocaulus
etc. The peak season is NOW, and may not last untill you plan a visit
and manage to reach here. Good luck next year. Regards, Shrikant