Re: [Indiantreepix] Sterculia foetida(wild almond)

vinod kumar gupta

Feb 1, 2008, 12:17:13 PM2/1/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix, wildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Attaching some more pics of the same plant,showing the leaves,bark and fruit pod.It is yet to flower in delhi(probable date March)

Vinod

Feb 1, 2008, 7:27:48 PM2/1/08
to vinod kumar gupta, satish phadke, indiantreepix, wildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Here is a good link on detailed inf. about Sterculia foetida (wild almond): http://toptropicals.com/html/toptropicals/articles/trees/sterculia.htm

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Lanscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
For learning about our trees & plants, please visit http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

J.M. Garg

Feb 4, 2008, 4:13:00 AM2/4/08
to vinod kumar gupta, satish phadke, indiantreepix, wildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Attaching two pictures of its trunk & leafless upperparts & canopy with flowers & fruits, taken in Kolkata in Feb.'07.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg