Euphorbia species for ID 3/01/2010

Skip to the first unread message

Satish Phadke

3 Jan 2010, 1:06:55 pm03/01/10
to indiantreepix Indian
This is a tiny herb.
Must be very common. Got a chance to see its flowers. Actually the intricate nature of the flowers was appreciated on zooming the macro. Is it Chamaesyce hypericifolia. I could find Dinesh Valke's photo on Flickr matching this one.
Dr Satish Phadke
DSCN4636s.jpg
DSCN4649s.jpg
DSCN4648s.jpg

shrikant ingalhalikar

3 Jan 2010, 9:55:43 pm03/01/10
to indiantreepix
This is herb with erect stem, leaves opposite and with stipules.
Involucres on axillary pedunculate cymes. I have identified this as
Euphorbia zornioides. Pls validate. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

On Jan 3, 11:06 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a tiny herb.
> Must be very common. Got a chance to see its flowers. Actually the intricate

> nature of the flowers was appreciated on zooming the macro. Is it *Chamaesyce
> hypericifolia. *I could find Dinesh Valke's photo on Flickr matching this
> one.*
> *Dr Satish Phadke*
> *
>
>  DSCN4636s.jpg
> 107KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN4649s.jpg
> 102KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN4648s.jpg
> 106KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

3 Jan 2010, 10:50:25 pm03/01/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, indiantreepix
Shrikant ji, could it be Chamaesyce hypericifolia (C. glomerifera, Euphorbia glomerifera, E. hypericifolia).
But not sure of difference between C. hypericifolia and Euphorbia zornioides ...
Regards.

J.M. Garg

16 Feb 2010, 3:47:20 am16/02/10
to efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This is herb with erect stem, leaves opposite and with stipules.

Involucres on axillary pedunculate cymes. I have identified this as

Euphorbia zornioides. Pls validate. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

“Shrikant ji, could it be Chamaesyce hypericifolia (C. glomerifera, Euphorbia glomerifera, E. hypericifolia).
But not sure of difference between C. hypericifolia and Euphorbia zornioides ... ” from Dinesh ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN4636s.jpg
DSCN4649s.jpg
DSCN4648s.jpg

Vijayadas D

16 Feb 2010, 3:50:54 am16/02/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
Euphorbia hirta ?

VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy
Electro Saudi Services Ltd
Salwa Garden Village
Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Balkar Arya

17 Feb 2010, 12:56:02 pm17/02/10
to Vijayadas D, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke
I think Euphorbia microphylla ?

J.M. Garg

10 Mar 2010, 7:02:42 am10/03/10
to efloraofindia, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Dinesh Valke, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This is herb with erect stem, leaves opposite and with stipules.
Involucres on axillary pedunculate cymes. I have identified this as
Euphorbia zornioides. Pls validate. Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

“Shrikant ji, could it be Chamaesyce hypericifolia (C. glomerifera, Euphorbia glomerifera, E. hypericifolia).
But not sure of difference between C. hypericifolia and Euphorbia zornioides ... ” from Dinesh ji.

Euphorbia hirta ?” from Vijayadas ji.

"I think Euphorbia microphylla ?" from Balkar ji.

J.M. Garg

Rohit Patel

25 Mar 2010, 4:53:40 am25/03/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Vijayadas D
yes this is “Euphorbia hirta ?”
 i am with Vijayadas ji.

ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator
(Grassland development)
AHKC unit,Sahjeevan
175, Jalaram Society,
Vijay Nagar
Bhuj Kachchh-  370001
Gujarat, India
www.sahjeevan.org
E-mail (2):-rohitpa...@yahoo.com
Mo.:- 09724337687

satish pardeshi

25 Mar 2010, 5:16:57 am25/03/10
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Vijayadas D
hello all
check it out with Euphorbia erythroclada

Regards
Satish Pardeshi
--
Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist

Vijayadas D

25 Mar 2010, 7:14:32 am25/03/10
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D
 fanatastic work
--
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy

Satish Phadke

25 Mar 2010, 9:11:03 am25/03/10
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Vijayadas D
Thanks Satish Ji
It definitely closely matches with the reference page picture.
To tell the details of characters of my specimen apart from seen in the picture..........
The leaves and plant in general not hairy as in E.hirsuta.Leaves 2cm* bye 0.5 cm or so in opposite pairs, finely serrate. Capsule reddish 3 lobed. The plant was growing as a weed in garden.
The description matches fairly well with that in BSI Mah flora.
Dr Phadke

satish pardeshi

25 Mar 2010, 9:14:43 am25/03/10
to indiantreepix
yes Satish Ji
the stem was not hairy at all, so was not conveinced of it being E. hirta. Euphorbia erythroclada i collected from the bank of Dahisar river.
Sorrry i dnt provide the description and information along with the link

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

Satish Phadke

19 Sept 2011, 11:58:46 am19/09/11
to indiantreepix Indian
Forwarding again for comparison to recent Madhuri ji's post

Giby Kuriakose

19 Sept 2011, 12:09:18 pm19/09/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Yes this is Euphorbia hypericifolia  and Chamaesyce hypericifolia is a synonym now, according to the plant list

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

22 Nov 2013, 5:48:51 am22/11/13
to efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Nambiyath Balakrishnan, Giby Kuriakose
A reply from another thread:
"This seems to be Euphorbia indica Lam. with cyathia clustered in axillary peduncles. In E. erythroclada, the cyathia are solitary of paired in axils, never in clusters as here. The leaves are pale greenish silvery white beneath in E. erythroclada, but the lower surface of leaves are not visible in the photo.
N. P. Balakrishnan, 11 Nov. 2013"

22 Nov 2013, 7:43:49 am22/11/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Giby Kuriakose
After seeing the currently uploaded photos, I find that this species should be Euphorbia hypericifolia L., where the leaves are longer than in E. indica. Further the limbs of glands are pinkish white and the cyathia clusters are subtended by smaller leaves, which is not found in E. indica.
N.P.Balakrishnan, 22 Nov. 2013

Satish Phadke

26 Nov 2013, 10:15:49 am26/11/13
to Nambiyath Balakrishnan, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Giby Kuriakose
I find that there are two IDs both given by Balakrishnan ji
Garg ji hope this is not a mix up.

Dr Satish Phadke

Nambiyath Balakrishnan

26 Nov 2013, 11:34:01 am26/11/13
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi, satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Balkar Arya, Vijayadas D, Giby Kuriakose
To remove the contradiction in the identifications, I once again reiterate that my identification that this species is Euphorbia hypericifolia (syn.: Chamaesyce hypericifolia) is the correct identification. The earlier identification that it is E. indica is not correct.
N. P. Balakrishnan, 26 Nov. 2013