A wild white flower from Gingee Fort | ID request 11Mar2010AR02

raghu ananth

Mar 11, 2010, 6:06:44 AM3/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

A wild flower found a

long the rocky crevice, while ascending Krishnagiri hills to reach

Gingee or Senji Fort, Tamil Nadu touted as one of the most impregnable fortresses (by Shivaji maharaj) in India.

Date/Time-20-July-2008,

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS

Gingee or Senji Fort, Villupuram district, Tamil nadu

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild /

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

 Shrub, along the rocky crevice, while ascending Krishnagiri hills

Height/Length-Approx 1 meter/

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape -Ovate, Petal -white 4 nos,  venation -obtuse/mucronate, leaf edge-Wavy,

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Size-comparable to jasmine,white flowers, greenish white buds, filaments -long white filament(?), Pedicel - green

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Not observed

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Not observed

Regards

Raghu

DSC_9754a.jpg
DSC_9752a.jpg
DSC_9753_Plant.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 11, 2010, 8:05:57 AM3/11/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
is this some species of Ixora sp?
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Narendra Joshi

Mar 11, 2010, 8:08:49 AM3/11/10
to raghu ananth, Indiantrees
The flowers look like that of Pavetta indica  (Rubiceae Family)

Narendra Joshi

--- On Thu, 3/11/10, raghu ananth <ragh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date/Time-20-July-2008,

tanay bose

Mar 11, 2010, 8:33:49 AM3/11/10
to Narendra Joshi, raghu ananth, Indiantrees
Dear Narendra Ji,
Thank you for updating me about the name.
Regards
Tanay

Satish Phadke

Mar 11, 2010, 8:46:47 AM3/11/10
to tanay bose, Narendra Joshi, raghu ananth, Indiantrees
Pavetta crassicaulis Rubiaceae
Dr Phadke

Pardeshi S.

Mar 11, 2010, 9:26:11 AM3/11/10
to efloraofindia
it is Pavetta indica.
it can be observed flowering during summer in the semi moist deciduous
forests of SGNP. I have observed it but most of the leaves were
missing in that plant.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Mar 11, 6:46 pm, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Pavetta crassicaulis* Rubiaceae
> Dr Phadke

> On 11 March 2010 19:03, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Dear Narendra Ji,
> > Thank you for updating me about the name.
> > Regards
> > Tanay
>

> > On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Narendra Joshi <narend...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
> >>   The flowers look like that of *Pavetta indica*  (Rubiceae Family)
>
> >> Narendra Joshi

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 11, 2010, 12:31:53 PM3/11/10
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Yes for Pavetta indica.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Satish Phadke

Mar 11, 2010, 1:39:21 PM3/11/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Pavetta indica  and Pavetta crassicaulis  are synonyms.
Dr Phadke