PLANT FOR ID

kaysat tiwari

Jul 5, 2008, 11:28:13 AM7/5/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
May I request you to help me in ID for this plant.
This plant grows on moist walls of Bandhavgarh fort hill and at some other moist places in the park but dies out by the end of Nov. or so.
I have no idea about this plant so sorry for not providing any info about the local name or family of the plant.
thanks.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

Dr.Gautam Joglekar

Jul 5, 2008, 12:51:25 PM7/5/08
to kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Tiwari,

Nice image.

The flowering plant in the picture is a Begonia spp.

You can compare the picture with those in "Flowers of Sanhyadri" by Shrikant Ingalhallikar for further species level identification.

The family: Begoniaceae.

cheers and best wishes,

Gautam Joglekar.