Fw: [efloraofindia:73831] Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae Week: Thanks Dinesh ji,Prashant ji, Satish ji, Raghu ji, Nanili ji, Aarti ji, Amit ji, Raju ji,Ushadi, Muthu ji, Mani ji, Samir ji and others

Skip to the first unread message

formp...@yahoo.com

11 Jul 2011, 2:47:58 am11/07/11
to Efloraindia

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 05:08:01 +0000
To: Gurcharan Singh<sing...@gmail.com>; Efloraindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:73831] Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae Week: Thanks Dinesh ji,Prashant ji, Satish ji, Raghu ji, Nanili ji, Aarti ji, Amit ji, Raju ji,Ushadi, Muthu ji, Mani ji, Samir ji and others

Yes sir
It was a huge family. I was always under impresion that verbinaceae/ lamiaceae includes only small herbs like Salvia. But when the photos of Tectona came I was really surprised. Similarly the Hajari mogara photoes sent by Raghuji last night I always thought was some kind of Jasmin. But that also has come under this heading. Clerodendrons wow! Great.
Of course I too congratulate all very active, medium active, less active and inactive members(like me, dekanewala or padhanewala koyi to bhi chahiye ki nahi? Sub sikhayege to kaisa chalega?) for the contributions!!
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:59:28 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>

Thanks Dinesh ji, Prashant ji, Raghu ji and Satish ji for keeping the flag of week episodes high every month. You are truly our strongest pillars.
Thanks Nalini ji, Aarti ji, Amit ji, Muthu ji, Ushadi, Raju ji, Mani ji, Samir ji for increased participation in these episodes.
Thanks also to others who participated in these threads.
This was truly a large episode with great display of species especially Salvia, Nepeta, Clerodendum and Ocimum. Please keep this up in future episodes also.

I would request other members also, who have a huge collection of photographs, mainly identified through this group, to take a more positive part in these episodes and upload these plants when a particular group is under focus, even if these plants have been already uploaded for identification. We want to see the diversity of that group during the week. This request is especially for members like Alok ji, Aarti ji, who I know have huge collection.

Let us prepare for Apiaceae next month.

Any volunteer to coordinate?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Na Bha

11 Jul 2011, 8:28:47 am11/07/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia
Thank you Madhuri ji,
one more thing I share with you.

"dekanewala or padhanewala koyi to bhi chahiye ki nahi? Sub sikhayege to kaisa chalega?"
 I am not only  dekanewali or padhnewali, but I wonder  =-O , how you all, especially Prof. Singh ji and Dinesh ji manage to post so many informative Mails. I am not even able to read all these mails and watch the fotos that come in one day.

I am glad the next
episode is in one month, will take time to study this episode till then.
Thanks to all from my side too.
Nalini

Dinesh Valke

11 Jul 2011, 9:52:02 am11/07/11
to Na Bha, formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia
Nalini ji ... simply copy-pasting my own notes !!
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

11 Jul 2011, 10:12:23 am11/07/11
to Dinesh Valke, Na Bha, formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia
Nalini ji  and Madhuri ji
Frankly this episode was heavy for me also, especially after Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae were dealt together (under compulsion, because  more than 60 % former species of Verbenaceae have now been shifted to Lamiaceae, which many members may not know)
    I had to make especial effort this time, to keep my visit of places in Kashmir on, and post all my collection. The things became more difficult when I ran fever on Saturday (it still continues) and had to upload a bulk of plants on Sunday.
    Perhaps the ediction of eFL should take all the blame
    Dinesh ji and Prashant started a challenge that was difficult to match, and led to the great success of this episodes.
  I really like the write ups of both of you as also Ushadi. That is motivation enough.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

11 Jul 2011, 10:27:01 am11/07/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com, dinesh...@gmail.com
Gurcharan ji,
Thanks for including my name with all the other experts.
I was a very small part of it....would like to participate more but
not an expert in this field like Dinesh ji.
So copy-pasting I would not know how to do or understand like Dinesh
ji does so efficiently.
Hence take a long time in my postings.
Aarti

On Jul 11, 6:12 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> >> *ReplyTo: * formpeja...@yahoo.com
> >> *Subject: *Re: [efloraofindia:73831] Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae Week: Thanks

> >> Dinesh ji,Prashant ji, Satish ji, Raghu ji, Nanili ji, Aarti ji, Amit ji,
> >> Raju ji,Ushadi, Muthu ji, Mani ji, Samir ji and others
>
> >>  Yes sir
> >> It was a huge family. I was always under impresion that verbinaceae/
> >> lamiaceae includes only small herbs like Salvia. But when the photos of
> >> Tectona came I was really surprised. Similarly the Hajari mogara photoes
> >> sent by Raghuji last night I always thought was some kind of Jasmin. But
> >> that also has come under this heading. Clerodendrons wow! Great.
> >> Of course I too congratulate all very active, medium active, less active
> >> and inactive members(like me, dekanewala or padhanewala koyi to bhi chahiye
> >> ki nahi? Sub sikhayege to kaisa chalega?) for the contributions!!

formp...@yahoo.com

11 Jul 2011, 5:25:53 pm11/07/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia, Dinesh Valke, Na Bha
Sir ji,
Thank you.
Pl take care. Don't overexert. Enjoy kashmir your hometown. Bring lots and lots of photos. I am relly enjoying working from home concept. And eflora is not allowing me get bored.
Nabhaji I will not be able to spare so much time when I join my duties back. But till then cheers for the entire team.

Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:42:23 +0530
To: Dinesh Valke<dinesh...@gmail.com>

Ushadi micromini

11 Jul 2011, 9:59:32 pm11/07/11
to efloraofindia
Gurucharan ji:
What a lot of effort you put in to this week...
thanks and many kudos....

I did a subject search in the gruop... for " lamiaceae week 2011"
guess what 419 pages turned up...
did we really look at so many entrees?

Does google gruop programme provide for getting one database of these
together
or
does one have to do the search I like did?
Usha di
====

On Jul 12, 2:25 am, formpeja...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Sir ji,
> Thank you.
> Pl take care. Don't overexert. Enjoy kashmir your hometown. Bring lots and lots of photos. I am relly enjoying working from home concept. And eflora is not allowing me get bored.
> Nabhaji I will not be able to spare so much time when I join my duties back. But till then cheers for the entire team.
> Madhuri
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Ushadi micromini

11 Jul 2011, 11:23:41 pm11/07/11
to efloraofindia

Gee whiz, the number changed to 384 right now...
wonder who' s counting...
computer changed its mind?
Usha di
===