Nyctanthes arbor-tristis

Satish Phadke

Jul 8, 2010, 9:01:43 AM7/8/10
to indiantreepix
The real Parijat has started blooming now a days.
Flowers bloom during night. and fall off on the ground early morning.
Nyctanthes arbor-tristis
Family :Oleaceae Parijat; पारिजातक,,प्राजक्त, Harsingar, shefalika.
Dr Phadke .
IMG_9706s.jpg
IMG_9708s.jpg
IMG_9715s.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 8, 2010, 9:07:34 AM7/8/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Commonly known as Parijat in Bengali we call t "Seuli"

Illustration: http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=2964&flora_id=2

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

ajinkya gadave

Jul 8, 2010, 9:08:40 AM7/8/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
nice pictures satish jee.

shubhada nikharge

Jul 8, 2010, 10:13:42 PM7/8/10
to Satish Phadke, indian tree pix
Satish ji,
Beautiful pics.
It wud b really great if we cud attach the fragrance too with the pics!
It is a must tree in the society compound. But b wise enough to choose a proper place to plant it in the society compound otherwise people in the adjacent society will b blessed with flowers.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."