Catalpa ovata from Kashmir

Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

14 Jul 2010, 8:52:05 am14/07/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Fortunately I was able to photograph both species commonly cited as examples of vicariance. Here is first one Catalpa ovata growing in temperate Asia. Its American counterpart is C. bignonioides. This one was photographed on 16th June, 2010 from newly developed Hazuribagh garden in Srinagar, Kashmir.

I am giving link of C. bignonioides for comparison.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/knoxville/40757d1240984784-just-back-knoxville-trip-flowering-tree-trompetboom__catalpa_bignonioides__southern_catalpaimg_5141bloem.jpg

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Catalpa-ovata-Kashmir-a.jpg
Catalpa-ovata-Kashmir-b.jpg
Catalpa-ovata-Kashmir-c.jpg

tanay bose

14 Jul 2010, 8:57:28 am14/07/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Tentative description and illustration of the plant from Eflora of China

Illustration: http://www.efloras.org/object_page.aspx?object_id=3866&flora_id=2

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Rashida Atthar

14 Jul 2010, 9:45:53 am14/07/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Thank you  Sir for showing us this wonderful tree with beautifully coloured flowers !

regards,
Rashida.

JM Garg

9 Jul 2017, 10:04:54 am09/07/17