Rosaceae Week : Eberesche - Sorbus aucuparia (Rowan, European Rowan, Mountain ash, or European mountain ash) from my garden in Ritterhude

Skip to the first unread message

Na Bha

7 Oct 2011, 11:41:20 am07/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Sorbus aucuparia (Rowan, European Rowan, Mountain ash, or European
mountain ash,germanname Eberesche (Vogelbeere), loved by insects and in
winter by many birds, because the red berries on a snowcovered tree can
be easily found by birds. Human beings too like the fruits to make jam.

Fotos in my Garden in Ritterhude taken in the last few years, could not
find a foto of flowers.

As I am not a botanist i just copy paste the Info-table from Wiki.
What do these things mean?
Kingdom: Plantae
(unranked): Angiosperms
(unranked): Eudicots