Wild Flowers for ID : 141011 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 14, 2011, 2:29:23 AM10/14/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Wild flowers found growing on the rocks on way to Sonamarg on the 9th of Sept,11.
Campanula?
Aarti
DSC_1081-Way to Sonamarg.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 2:42:16 AM10/14/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Any idea about the size of flower?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 14, 2011, 2:58:01 AM10/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
I could not get much closer.
Around 1 inch.Look very similar to Canterbury bells on FOI.But those I
believe are Garden flowers.
Had seen them on way to Sonamarg...couldn't stop then,so had kept the
location in mind.
Was searching for them on the way back.Was lucky to find them.
Aarti

On Oct 14, 10:42 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea about the size of flower?
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 3:09:29 AM10/14/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Would go with Campanula cashmeriana on that count, although flowers seem to be fading, may be due to totally exposed habitat.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 14, 2011, 3:24:49 AM10/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
Thanks for the id and other valuable information.
Aarti

On Oct 14, 11:09 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would go with Campanula cashmeriana on that count, although flowers seem to
> be fading, may be due to totally exposed habitat.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Tanay Bose

Oct 14, 2011, 9:14:16 AM10/14/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Hi Sir Ji.
I can be totally wrong but is this Codonopsis sp.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 10:37:01 AM10/14/11
to Tanay Bose, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Tanay you are never wrong
Codonopsis generally has climbers but we have one Codonopsis ovate with decumbent plants and sky blue flowers. I think it is the same. Earlier I was uncomfortable with flower colour.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 10:38:32 AM10/14/11
to Tanay Bose, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Curse auto-correction, my Codonopsis ovata got changed to ovate above

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Tanay Bose

Oct 14, 2011, 11:45:34 AM10/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Thanks for confirming the ID Sir Ji
Tanay

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 15, 2011, 1:58:35 AM10/15/11
to Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji and Tanay,
Thanks for the correct id.
Sir ji if you want the exact location, let me know.I can send some pictures taken around.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2014, 7:12:21 AM7/14/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, D.S Rawat, Narendra Joshi
Campanula cashmeriana as per another thread.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,93,000 messages on 30/6/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_1081-Way to Sonamarg.JPG

Abid Munshi

Jul 14, 2014, 7:32:13 AM7/14/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, D.S Rawat, Narendra Joshi
Dear Dr. Garg
Beautiful photograph the plant is Campanula cashmeriana
 Prof. A. H. Munshi

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 14, 2014, 11:09:04 AM7/14/14
to Abid Munshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, D.S Rawat, Narendra Joshi
Garg Ji, Prof Munshi Ji,
Thanks
Regards,
Aarti