Request for ID 080809 Sinthan Pass 4

Swagat

Sep 7, 2009, 1:24:57 AM9/7/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Location- On the way... from Kookar Nag to Sinthan Pass, Jammu & Kashmir.
Date- 08th August 2009.

Thanks in advance,

~Swagat
9223217568

080809-Swagat-SinthanPass4A.jpg
080809-Swagat-SinthanPass4B.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2009, 2:36:45 AM9/20/09
to indiantreepix, Swagat, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Tabish

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

080809-Swagat-SinthanPass4A.jpg
080809-Swagat-SinthanPass4B.jpg

singhg .

Sep 20, 2009, 2:00:04 PM9/20/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Swagat, Tabish
Anaphalis sp,
more after I am back to India

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Prashant awale

Sep 27, 2009, 1:25:49 PM9/27/09
to singhg ., J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Swagat, Tabish
Dear friends,
This could be Anaphalis margaritacea   (Asteraceae  family).
best wishes
Prashant

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2009, 3:52:27 PM9/27/09
to Prashant awale, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Swagat, Tabish

Most probably, yes

J.M. Garg

Nov 9, 2009, 11:17:29 AM11/9/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix, Swagat, Tabish
Further reply from Singh ji in another thread:
"A critical relook at leaf bases, and after having seen and studied specimens from Manali, I believe this and the earlier photos belonged to Anaphalis busua."