Katsagon Tree -Fernandoa adenophyllum

已查看 137 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

bindu kapadia

未读,
2009年10月13日 14:03:272009/10/13
收件人 indiantreepix、wildflowerindia
Hi,
During my recent visit to Ahmedabad,i was surprised to see these two  roadside trees
in the heart of the city.Just could'nt identify! It was only after returning ,referring to Pradip
Krishen i came to know that it is called Katsagon ,marodphali , Fernandoa adenophyllum .
Seems it does not have common English name.
Regards,
Bindu
.
Picture 011 Kats tree 2.jpg
Picture 010 Katsagon flower.jpg
Picture 013 Kats tree 2- buds and leaves.jpg
Picture 014 close up of flower & bud.jpg
Picture 008 ribbed capsules.jpg

Vijayasankar Raman

未读,
2009年10月14日 02:25:422009/10/14
收件人 bindu kapadia、indiantreepix、wildflowerindia
Hi, Haplophragma adenophyllum is the accepted name for this plant. Common name is 'Karen wood'.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Satish Phadke

未读,
2009年10月14日 08:57:392009/10/14
收件人 bindu kapadia、indiantreepix、wildflowerindia
Thanks Bindu ji
You have shown full illustration of the tree.
In the earlier discussions on the posts of similar tree there were some doubts about different IDs. Now it is very clear from your photographs. I have yet to see this tree. Anybody has seen this tree in Maharashtra?
Satish Phadke

2009/10/13 bindu kapadia <bind...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dinesh Valke

未读,
2009年10月14日 13:26:362009/10/14
收件人 Satish Phadke、bindu kapadia、indiantreepix、wildflowerindia
... at least two trees grow at Babasaheb Ambedkar Udyan (Powai Gardens), Mumbai.
Regards.

Dinesh Valke

未读,
2009年10月14日 13:43:212009/10/14
收件人 Indian Tree Pix
More locations of Karen Wood (Katsagon) coming from Rajendra ji:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There is one at Jijamata Udyan and one near Ruia College at Matunga.

Rajendra
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards.

There is one at Jijamata Udyan and one near Ruia College at Matunga.

Rajendra

& Reader in Botany
St. Xavier's College,
(University of Mumbai)
Mumbai 400001.
India.
Off. Tel. +91-22-2262 0662 ext 356
Cell : 9819100131

Pardeshi S.

未读,
2009年10月15日 01:44:342009/10/15
收件人 indiantreepix
hello all
4 trees at Baptist Garden, Dockyard road. Mumbai

On Oct 14, 10:43 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> More locations of Karen Wood (Katsagon) coming from Rajendra ji:
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> There is one at Jijamata Udyan and one near Ruia College at Matunga.
> Rajendra
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Regards.

Pardeshi S.

未读,
2009年10月15日 01:49:452009/10/15
收件人 indiantreepix
it is also known as Fernandoa adenophylla

On Oct 14, 10:43 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> More locations of Karen Wood (Katsagon) coming from Rajendra ji:
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> There is one at Jijamata Udyan and one near Ruia College at Matunga.
> Rajendra
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Regards.

Usha Desai

未读,
2009年10月16日 01:53:412009/10/16
收件人 Pardeshi S.、indiantreepix
Hi Satishui
there are 2 trees in BPT Garden
and quite a few on the main road at Parel from Bharat Mata theatre to Pare TT
also 2 opposite Wadia childrens' hospital and 1 opposite Parel post office.
cheers Usha

Gurcharan Singh

未读,
2009年10月16日 09:29:262009/10/16
收件人 bindu kapadia、indiantreepix、wildflowerindia
In Mayanmar it is known as Petthan, as per Indian Trees by Brandis.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi