fabaceae for id mm4 10162011

Skip to the first unread message

Mohina Macker

16 Oct 2011, 9:20:03 am16/10/11
to efloraofindia
very small flowers, no bigger than 3 mm
mostly magenta, but saw one specimen with bluish violet flowers
would very much appreciate an id
alibaug, my place, this week
regards
mohina macker
DSCN0646a.jpg
DSCN0503 aa.jpg
DSCN0567aa.jpg
DSCN0568aa.jpg

Neil Soares

16 Oct 2011, 10:13:39 am16/10/11
to efloraofindia, Mohina Macker
Hi Mohina,
 Nice set of photographs ! This is Ran-udid [Teramnus labialis]. Had recently posted some photographs of this.
 Just back from Shahapur. Will send some of my photographs later.
                       Regards,
                         Neil.

H S

17 Oct 2011, 1:56:27 am17/10/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Mohina Macker
I guess second photo is different from the rest Teramnus labialis as Dr. Neil mentioned,, second photo look like Pseudarthria viscida to me (Chikta in Marathi)

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Nidhan Singh

17 Oct 2011, 2:02:53 am17/10/11
to H S, Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Mohina Macker
Yes,

Except 2nd pic as HS has pointed out, I go with Neil and HS, rest are Teramnus labialis Syn. Glycine labialis.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Mohina Macker

17 Oct 2011, 6:12:49 am17/10/11
to Nidhan Singh, H S, Neil Soares, efloraofindia
they are different plants, got them mixed up while posting
the second is similar but the leaves are hairier
aplogies for the mix up
and many thanks for both the id's

Satish Phadke

17 Oct 2011, 6:57:51 am17/10/11
to Mohina Macker, Nidhan Singh, H S, Neil Soares, efloraofindia
It is interesting
Whether it is Ludwigia octovalvis or Ludwigia perennis? Only significant difference between the two what I noticed from the literature is that the small petiole is winged in L.perennis.
Mohina ji Can you check this in your plant as it is not appreciated in the given picture.
Otherwise the plant looks close to Ludwigia octovalvis to me
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/2ea31303c443af06/a3f3b57a741cdbc4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=ludwigia#a3f3b57a741cdbc4
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Giby Kuriakose

17 Oct 2011, 7:01:29 am17/10/11
to Satish Phadke, Mohina Macker, Nidhan Singh, H S, Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Dear Sathish ji,

Somehow your post has come to a wrong thread, I think.
This thread is for an id request of a Leguminosae plant.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Satish Phadke

17 Oct 2011, 8:47:33 am17/10/11
to efloraofindia
Oh Sorry
Please ignore my comments in this thread. These were for the Ludwigia plant.
--
Dr Satish Phadke