For ID 250610 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 25, 2010, 3:31:37 AM6/25/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower picture during Nature camp to the Nilgiri Biosphere
Reserve –in Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi National Park.
Date/Time-13.5.10 ----11.15 am
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- -----Wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- -------------Shrub
Height/Length- ----------------- 0.5 meter
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-----Narrow, 2 inch
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- -- around 2.5 inch, colour as
seen in the picture
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_0787.JPG

nabha meghani

Jun 25, 2010, 7:10:57 AM6/25/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Need to see the whole plant with leaves.
can it be some margarite ( Osteospermum spec. )
Regards
Nalini

mani nair

Jun 25, 2010, 7:25:35 AM6/25/10
to nabha meghani, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Looks like from daisy family.  Waiting for more answers.

Regards,

Mani.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM, nabha meghani <nabha-...@gmx.de> wrote:
Need to see the whole plant with leaves.
can it be some margarite  ( Osteospermum spec.  )
Regards
Nalini
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thiruvengadam Ekambaram" <ethiruv...@gmail.com>
Jun 25, 2010, 11:02:53 AM6/25/10
to mani nair, nabha meghani, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
Dear Thiruvengadamji, kindly upload habit of the plant if available.
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 25, 2010, 2:38:00 PM6/25/10
to Muthu Karthick, mani nair, nabha meghani, indiantreepix
--
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam, FIE
Life Fellow
The Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 26, 2010, 2:31:40 AM6/26/10
to Muthu Karthick, mani nair, nabha meghani, indiantreepix
Sir
I am not able to resize another picture,I send another mail as "Reply to 250610ET

J.M. Garg

I took this flower picture during Nature camp to the Nilgiri Biosphere
Reserve –in Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi National Park.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2010, 6:44:58 AM7/6/10
to efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Muthu Karthick, mani nair

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Need to see the whole plant with leaves.

can it be some margarite  (Osteospermum spec.)
Regards

Nalini”

“Looks like from daisy family.  Waiting for more answers.

Regards,

Mani.”

“More pictures available in another thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/d1d9bd987ac390e7

to efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Muthu Karthick, mani nair

 Erigeron karvinskianus, a common weed in Nilgirs

--
Selvalakshmi S.
Doctoral Scholar,

L. Rasingam

Jul 6, 2010, 7:10:27 AM7/6/10
to nivi tha, efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Muthu Karthick, mani nair
Yes, It is Erigeron karvinskianus

Regards
L.Rasingam

tanay bose

Jul 6, 2010, 11:03:03 AM7/6/10
to L. Rasingam, nivi tha, efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, Muthu Karthick, mani nair
Erigeron karvinskianus
more and description from FOI
http://flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Mexican%20Fleabane.html
Tanay