efloraofindia:''For Id 23092011MR4’’ Episcia Amazonica? Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 23, 2011, 6:58:22 AM9/23/11
to efloraofindia
Request for identification a pottend plant in a private garden at Pune

Ht about 9 "
with brown leaves and bright red flowers

?Episcia Amazonica
Regards
Bhagyashri
220920111823b1.jpg
220920111823b.jpg
220920111822b.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Sep 23, 2011, 9:37:36 AM9/23/11
to efloraofindia
Oh my god, I have some pics of this same plant from the Golpark a few
weeks ago, that I also wanted to ID... I had to reformat my hard
disk... so need to find the pics in all those back up discs....

in the meantime if someone tells you what it is, would save me
efforts...ha ha...
seems to be popular this season....

never seen it in calcutta before...
usha di...

==========
>  220920111823b1.jpg
> 538KViewDownload
>
>  220920111823b.jpg
> 497KViewDownload
>
>  220920111822b.jpg
> 378KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 10:42:41 AM10/3/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
To me it does not look like Episcia Amazonica

http://crazybotanist.blogspot.com/2010/03/episcia-amazonica_905.html

I think it is Chrysothemis pulchella, uploaded by me and others few days back

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Raut

Oct 3, 2011, 11:24:28 AM10/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharanji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Bhagyashri

Feb 16, 2012, 11:19:57 AM2/16/12
to Gurcharan Singh, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Chrysothemis pulchella as per another thread too. I had resurfaced this plant for Id as another thread. The link is
--
Regards
Bhagyashri