Cleistanthus collinus

Skip to the first unread message

satish pardeshi

26 Aug 2010, 10:58:44 am26/08/10
to indiantreepix

Cleistanthus collinus is commonly found at Chandrapur, Nagpur, Bhandara, Gondiya. one can find monotonous stretch of Cleistanthus forest. speciality of this forest is that  no under growth can thrive under the canopy. the tree flowers during January- March. the fruit is used as fish poison locally.

Regards

Satish Pardeshi
Plant Taxonomist
Mumbai, Pune
Cleistanthus collinus_Euphorbiaceae.jpg
Cleistanthus collinus_Euphorbiaceae1.jpg
Cleistanthus_collinus_Forest_Euphorbiaceae.JPG
DSC02540.JPG

tanay bose

26 Aug 2010, 9:06:24 pm26/08/10
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Lovely catch and also a new information for me regarding this plant
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

shubhada nikharge

26 Aug 2010, 10:39:16 pm26/08/10
to satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Satish ji,
Nice pics as usual. Thanx very much for sharing.
do u know the local name of this tree?
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

> Nice pics as usual. Thanx very much for sharing.
> do u know the local name of this tree?
> Cheers,
> Shubhada
>
> "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do
> something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
>
> ________________________________
> From: satish pardeshi <satishparde...@gmail.com>

satish pardeshi

27 Aug 2010, 1:21:03 am27/08/10
to shubhada nikharge, indiantreepix
The locals and forest guards used to call it "Garari" or "Garadi"

Regards

Prashant awale

27 Aug 2010, 2:05:59 am27/08/10
to satish pardeshi, shubhada nikharge, indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
I had seen this tree (Locally called as "Garari") at Khawasa (MP) & Pench (MP).
regards
Prashant