Guazuma ulmifolia

Skip to the first unread message

renee vyas vyas

1 Mar 2011, 5:03:51 am01/03/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

One more very interesting tree commonly known as Bhadraksh,or false rudraksha, botanical name Guazuma ulmifolia is fruitng very profusely in Rani Bagh, Mumbai. I was lucky to get to see some flowers too. Sharing some photos of them with you all.

Regards,

Renee
IMG_2589_1.JPG
IMG_2600_1.JPG
IMG_2705_1.JPG
IMG_2737_1.JPG

Mahadeswara

1 Mar 2011, 5:52:09 am01/03/11
to efloraofindia
This is a very common tree in Chennai. Grows wild. This is known as
thenpuchi maram in Tamil. The is supposed to withstand severe air
pollution!
>  IMG_2589_1.JPG
> 271KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2600_1.JPG
> 458KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2705_1.JPG
> 279KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2737_1.JPG
> 270KViewDownload

tanay bose

1 Mar 2011, 9:32:21 am01/03/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Very nice photo !! Thanks for sharing this lovely plant
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Phadke

1 Mar 2011, 9:47:25 am01/03/11
to renee vyas vyas, efloraofindia
Nice pictures of this Sterculiaceae family member.
There are a large number of these trees in IIT Madras campus.
In Pune I have seen few trees on BMCC and Bhandarkar and Prabhat road.
Dr Phadke