Trees best suited for birds

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2008, 4:53:14 AM6/26/08
to indiantreepix
See the link for trees best suited for Birds:
http://www.google.com/notebook/public/08446931352566388684/BDR9iIgoQn9Kv3-Ui
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

vijay kiyawat

Jun 26, 2008, 6:55:11 AM6/26/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
dear jm,
let us also se if a list of bird repelling trees is available too.
-vijay kiyawat

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2008, 8:47:56 AM6/26/08
to vijay kiyawat, indiantreepix
Ha...Ha...Ha.....
Good humour., Vijay ji.

Neil Soares

Jun 26, 2008, 9:08:20 AM6/26/08
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vijay,
One such tree is the Devil's tree/ Scholar's tree [Alstonia scholaris] locally called Satvin. Birds and animals generally shun this tree because of its poisonous nature.
With regards,
Neil Soares.

--- On Thu, 6/26/08, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> visit/ join Google<http://www.google.com/>e-group

Sunjoy Monga

Jun 26, 2008, 11:24:34 AM6/26/08
to drneil...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Birds may shun the tree with re to feeding on its flowers/fruits, however, the Alstonia too cannot entirely keep birds away. I have seen at least three species of birds roosting the nights in the dense leafy foliage of this tree.

only we - Homo sapiens - have the power to repel birds yet the birds beat us on that front too. Whatever we do, there is some bird to make the most of that situation.

cheers -- sunjoy monga

Satya Prakash

Jun 26, 2008, 11:33:57 AM6/26/08
to J.M. Garg, drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr Neil,

We respect your views but our experience is different. We had seen Black-lored Tits (Parus xanthogenys) on this tree at Mt Abu (Sirohi, Rajasthan) several times. Devil's Tree is planted at several places on Abu Hills.

If we are wrong please correct us but this was the seen we observed while documenting for Mt Abu.

Wishes

Sarita Mehra/ Satya Prakash

vijay kiyawat

Jun 27, 2008, 3:41:17 AM6/27/08
to Sunjoy Monga, drneil...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
what about rain tree? i am told birds do not nest in this tree.
-vijay kiyawat

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2008, 9:34:32 AM6/27/08
to vijay kiyawat, Sunjoy Monga, drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
I have seen House Crows nesting in this tree (Rain tree- Samanea saman) in plenty. Plus it's liked & visited by so many birds.

J.M. Garg

Jun 27, 2008, 11:41:14 AM6/27/08
to indiantreepix
Forwarding pl.