2008年5月4日 23:13:072008/5/4
收件人 indian...@googlegroups.com
Bauhinia Alba
Fam: Caesalpiniaceae
Bangalore
May 2008

Regards
Raghu

Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food. Get all this and more on Best of Yahoo! Groups.
Bauhinia Alba-Flower-May08-Bangalore.jpg
Bauhinia Alba-Seed-May08-Bangalore.jpg
Bauhinia Alba-Trunk-May08-Bangalore.jpg

Tabish

未读,
2008年5月5日 03:12:092008/5/5
收件人 indiantreepix
Actually the correct name is Bauhinia hookeri:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Mountain%20Ebony.html
Best wishes
- Tabish

On May 5, 8:13 am, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bauhinia Alba
> Fam: Caesalpiniaceae
> Bangalore
> May 2008
>
> Regards
> Raghu
>
> Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, onhttp://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/
>
> Bauhinia Alba-Flower-May08-Bangalore.jpg
> 172KViewDownload
>
> Bauhinia Alba-Seed-May08-Bangalore.jpg
> 182KViewDownload
>
> Bauhinia Alba-Trunk-May08-Bangalore.jpg
> 204KViewDownload

Anand Kumar Bhatt

未读,
2008年5月5日 08:10:302008/5/5
收件人 raghu ananth、indian...@googlegroups.com
Bauhinia alba is floweing in my tiny garden also. I have 2-3 small plants which tend to go bushy. A nursery sold them to me in the name of Buhinia blakeana.I don't know how big the bush would be. I am trying to trim and shape it like a tree. Let me hope for the best.
akbhatt

raghu ananth

未读,
2008年5月5日 13:42:192008/5/5
收件人 Tabish、indian...@googlegroups.com
Request to reconsider , Please see another  mail attachment.

Info: This tree was quite tall, more than 15 meters. There were just two flower bunches in the entire tree.

( Misc.  Info: We witnessed  a pair of rose ringed parakeets  on this tree trying to get rid off the hunter bird -Shikra, which might had invaded their territory. All of a sudden the shikra spranged up from its perch, gave a a fierce close chase . Moments later only one of the parakeets returned back to this tree ! )

-Regards

Actually the correct name is Bauhinia hookeri:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Mountain%20Ebony.html
  Best wishes
  - Tabish

On May 5, 8:13 am, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Bauhinia Alba
> Fam: Caesalpiniaceae
> Bangalore
> May 2008
>
> Regards
> Raghu
>
>      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, onhttp://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/
>
>  Bauhinia Alba-Flower-May08-Bangalore.jpg
> 172KViewDownload
>
>  Bauhinia Alba-Seed-May08-Bangalore.jpg
> 182KViewDownload
>
>  Bauhinia Alba-Trunk-May08-Bangalore.jpg
> 204KViewDownload

Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Click here.
Bauhinia Alba-May08-Bangalore.jpg

Tabish

未读,
2008年5月5日 14:22:572008/5/5
收件人 indiantreepix
Raghu,
Thanks for bringing up the matter again. Yes, it is screaming to be
straightened out. Let me just say at the outset that identification
signboards in India are notorious for occasionally being gloriously
wrong. :)
1. First of all, there is no accepted botanical name as Bauhinia
alba.
2. It is considered a synonym of Bahunia variegata var. candida, which
is the following flower:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/106077/
3. I must say that you have done a thorough job with photographing
this species. So, there can't be any confusion with identification.
Look at the following link for Bauhinia hookerii:
http://www.anbg.gov.au/photo/apii/id/dig/3129
The flowers, the buds, the leaves, all agree well with your specimen.
4. There is probably no other Bauhinia with so prominently red stamens
as B. hookerii.
5. I might have made a mistake in saying that B. hookerii grows up to
5 m. I don't really know how high it can reach.

Comments/clarifications solicited, especially from our botanist
friends.
- Tabish
> Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Go tohttp://in.yahoo.com/
>

> Bauhinia Alba-May08-Bangalore.jpg