Flwrs from Leh 3a and 3b

Skip to the first unread message

Nudrat Sayed

18 Sept 2010, 3:50:41 pm18/09/10
to indiantreepix

Hello All,

Can anyone please identify this plant
--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

3b.jpg
3a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

18 Sept 2010, 5:55:34 pm18/09/10
to Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
I suppose Thermopsis barbata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

shrikant ingalhalikar

19 Sept 2010, 7:54:44 am19/09/10
to efloraofindia
Singh Sir, Thermopsis flowers would be brownish purple, larger and in
a raceme. These are smaller, mauve and in clusters on a long peduncle.
I think this to be Oxytropis lapponica. Regards, Shrikant

On Sep 19, 2:55 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I suppose Thermopsis barbata
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Nudrat Sayed <nudrat....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
>
> > Can anyone please identify this plant
> > --
> > Regards
> > Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar- Hide quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

19 Sept 2010, 3:18:25 pm19/09/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes Shrikant ji, it is not Thermopsis which has trifoliate leaves. It could be Oxytropis cachemeriana, in O. lapponica the leaves are with much narrower leaflets.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

19 Sept 2010, 3:25:32 pm19/09/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Rather O. microphylla is a better option

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Satish Phadke

11 Oct 2010, 10:35:39 am11/10/10
to Gurcharan Singh, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
I agree with Gurcharan ji
It does appear to be
Oxytropis microphylla. Look at my pictures at
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Small%20Leaved%20Locoweed.html
Dr Phadke

Gurcharan Singh

11 Oct 2010, 11:59:11 am11/10/10
to Satish Phadke, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Really nice photograph, Satish ji