Israeli babool

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 16, 2008, 12:53:07 PM5/16/08
to indiantreepix
there is a tree called Israeli Babool. I saw it long time back with Gujarat forest Dept. Sorry, I don't have a phhotograph. It might as well be known by some other name. If somebody gives me some more info about it, I shall be grateful.
akbhatt
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tabish

May 17, 2008, 2:30:49 AM5/17/08
to indiantreepix
Umbrella Thorn (Acacia tortilis) is what is called Israeli Babool
Here is the Wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_tortilis
- Tabish

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 17, 2008, 9:38:57 AM5/17/08
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Thanks Tabish. I don't know what is the success rate of this tree in India and whether it is any better than acacia nilotica, our own native babool. I will be grateful for any further information.
akbhatt

Tabish

May 17, 2008, 12:22:59 PM5/17/08
to indiantreepix
I don't know much. But it seems to have survived in too dry and too
rocky areas where our native babool doesn't do well.
- Tabish