Identity of the climber please.

Yazdy Palia

Sep 27, 2010, 1:58:43 PM9/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,
Would someone identify the climber pleasee? Taken at my farm. The
flower blossoms at night only.
Date & Time 27 September 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb climber
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts- 3” diameter, white in colour.
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses. Possibly bats or moths.

Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 3 pictures.

DSCN3394-1.JPG
DSCN3395.JPG
DSCN3397.JPG

DSCN3394-1.JPG
DSCN3395.JPG
DSCN3397.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Sep 27, 2010, 2:07:56 PM9/27/10
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
... could it be moon vine ? ... Ipomoea alba ... http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Moon%20Vine.html ... the flower size here is smaller.
Regards.

Neil Soares

Sep 27, 2010, 2:17:01 PM9/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Yazdy Palia
Hi,
 Nice photographs of the Common Night Glory [Rivea hypocrateriformis].
                   With regards,
                     Neil Soares.

tanay bose

Sep 27, 2010, 11:04:42 PM9/27/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Yazdy Palia
Rivea hypocrateriformis indeed
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Balkar Arya

Sep 28, 2010, 11:13:17 AM9/28/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com, Yazdy Palia
If these are two plants in pic DSCN3394-1.JPG, then may be R hypocrateriformis. one of the leaf seen in DSCN3394-1.JPG not belongs to R hypocrateriformis. a Photo with leaves and inflorescence can through more light in the matter. Attaching some of my pics for comparison

Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
tn_Rivea hypocrateriformis13.JPG
tn_Rivea hypocrateriformis14.JPG
tn_Rivea hypocrateriformis5.JPG

Yazdy Palia

Sep 28, 2010, 11:48:40 AM9/28/10
to Balkar Arya, tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
The leaves seen towards the right side is that of the climber, the
other one is from some other plant( in DSCN3394 - 1JPG) . The picture
was taken in the dark, a torch for lighting so that I could capture
the flower.
Part of the leaf seen in the other two pictures belong to the same climber.
Regards
Yazdy.

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2010, 7:46:25 AM12/15/10
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Dinesh Valke, Balkar Arya, tanay bose
Yazdy Palia = Ipomoea alba
Balkar Singh = Rivea hypocrateriformis

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Dec 15, 2010, 7:47:27 AM12/15/10
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Balkar Arya
A reply from Ron ji in thread https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/99b3f4c20f7a9d24?hl=en#: