Ruellia prostrata from Sariska - NSD 34

Nayan Singh

Oct 6, 2009, 1:49:34 PM10/6/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Dear Friends
Photographed this plant from Sariska Tiger Reseve Rajasthan on 26-7-09. I think this is Ruellia prostrata from Acanthaceae family
Experts please confirm.
Thanks
Nayan
N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!
Ruellia prostrata 1.jpg

Tabish

Oct 7, 2009, 1:04:48 AM10/7/09
to indiantreepix
Since the experts have not arrived yet, I will give my
confirmation. ;-) This looks like it.
The currently accepted name is Dipteracanthus prostratus
- Tabish

On Oct 6, 10:49 pm, Nayan Singh <ns_dungri...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Dear Friends
> Photographed this plant from Sariska Tiger Reseve Rajasthan on 26-7-09. I think this is Ruellia prostrata from Acanthaceae family
> Experts please confirm.
> Thanks
> Nayan
> ........................................ N.S.Dungriyal IFS
> Chief Conservator of Forests
> and Field Director
> Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
> M.P.
> 09424792100
>
>       Add whatever you love to the Yahoo! India homepage. Try now!http://in.yahoo.com/trynew
>
>  Ruellia prostrata 1.jpg
> 202KViewDownload

Nayan Singh

Oct 7, 2009, 1:11:46 AM10/7/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Dear Tabish ji
you are super expert for us
thanks for your confirmation and information
thanks and regards

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Oct 7, 2009, 6:32:53 AM10/7/09
to Nayan Singh, Tabish, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Dipteracanthus prostratus' is called 'Bhui Ruwel' 'भुई रुवेल' in Marathi.

'Acanthaceae' Family is known as 'Adulasa kul' 'अडुळसा कुल' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 7, 2009, 11:44:36 AM10/7/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
But GRIN recognises Ruellia prostrata as correct name

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Tabish

Oct 7, 2009, 11:56:58 AM10/7/09
to indiantreepix
Gurcharan ji,
My mistake! You are right. Maybe this change has been recent at
GRIN
- Tabish