Heterophragma quadrilocularis

satish phadke

Feb 18, 2008, 9:39:50 AM2/18/08
to indiantreepix, wildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Heterophragma quadrilocularis (Waras in Marathi)flowering in Sinhagarh valley.A Bignoniaceae family member.
(Sorry for the frame mask applied to the picture)

--
Dr. Satish Phadke
Heterophragma.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 18, 2008, 10:06:00 PM2/18/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks, Satish ji for the lovely spl. effect picture. You are now slowly learning the tricks of the art.

The Bignoniaceae, or Trumpet Creeper Family, is a family of flowering plants comprising of about 650-750 species in 116-120 genera. Members of the family are mostly trees and shrubs, and more rarely lianas (Podranea and Macfadyena) and herbaceous plants in 116-120 genera. As shrubs, they are twine climbers or tendril climbers, and rarely root climbers.

Other common names for this family include jacaranda family, bignonia family or catalpa family. This family is commonly found as ornamental plants due to their large and often colorful flowers. Important members include the calabash tree (Crescentia cujete) and many genera cultivated in horticulture: Campsis, Catalpa, Jacaranda, Kigelia, Pandorea, Spathodea, and Tabebuia.

The above inf. taken from the Wikipedia link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bignoniaceae

--
Dr. Satish Phadke
For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Lanscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

satish phadke

Feb 19, 2008, 10:25:03 AM2/19/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, wildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
This tree is seen flowering now(FEB 2008) on the outskirts of Pune,Maharashtra.
I have observed this tree on vetal tekdi,Aundh road,and Sinhagarh valley.
By the way Sinhagarh valley is a valley at the base of the famous fort built by King Shivaji around 20 km from the city of Pune.This valley is rich in flora and fauna.On the Sunday of 17th feb birds spotted here were : paradise flycatcher,Tickell's blue...grey breasted prinia,tree pipits,barbets white eyed buzzards,munias,small minivets etc and a lot of butterflies also.
If anybody from outside Pune wants to visit this area please call me so that I will gladly accompany(preferably sunday morning)
Thanks
Satish

--
Dr. Satish Phadke

satish phadke

Apr 14, 2008, 11:45:33 AM4/14/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, wildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Attaching pictures of pods and seeds of Heterophragma quadriloculare.
14 April 2008 Vetal Tekdi Pune
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
Heterophragma pods.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 14, 2008, 10:58:03 PM4/14/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix
Hi, Satish ji,
You are doing a good thing by linking it with your earlier posts in Feb., so the whole thing is available to the members to see. This can be done by other members also by searching their/ others mails on the subject in Gmail etc. & replying to it.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg