Alternanthera paronychioides ?

J.M. Garg

Nov 24, 2009, 11:44:25 AM11/24/09
to indiantreepix

On 21/11/09 in Osmania University, Hyderabad, A.P.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Alternanthera paronychioides is it I2 IMG_4185.jpg
Alternanthera paronychioides is it I IMG_4185.jpg
Alternanthera paronychioides is it W IMG_4185.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 24, 2009, 12:19:57 PM11/24/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
I have my doubts on this being A. paronychioides, the plant I know growing in Kashmir is softer form more like A. pungens with smaller, hairy and soft bracts; leaves are mostly smaller than 2 cm. I sincerely feel the Alternanthera species on our databases need to be sorted out. I would be more comfortable to identify this plant as A. ficoidea.
     I am sorting my specimens and will upload them shortly.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Nov 25, 2009, 11:46:17 AM11/25/09
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks, Singh ji.
I agree with you for Alternanthera ficoidea.