Cypripedium himalaicum Rolfe - II

Skip to the first unread message

Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2010, 12:39:03 pm27/09/10
to indiantreepix
Cypripedium himalaicum Rolfe, J. Linn. Soc., Bot. 29: 319 (1892).
Family: Orchidaceae
Distribution:India, Tibet, Nepal, Western Himalaya and Eastern Himalaya
Location: Valley of Flowers National Park, Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Slide83.JPG
Slide91.JPG
Slide92.JPG

Ushaprabha

27 Sept 2010, 1:52:33 pm27/09/10
to efloraofindia
how wonderful !
>  Slide83.JPG
> 705KViewDownload
>
>  Slide91.JPG
> 621KViewDownload
>
>  Slide92.JPG
> 505KViewDownload

Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2010, 4:12:03 pm27/09/10
to Ushaprabha, efloraofindia
Yeah, sure.

I was alone and tired in VoF when I saw this plant and got back my
energy. No one was there to take a pic of me with this plant. I took a
nap next to this beauty at 3600m asl in open.
Finding these Cypripediums was a divine experience for me. Three
different species in one day was really a big deal which is
explainable in words!!
Pankaj