Plant ID

geeta arun

Aug 24, 2009, 12:13:52 PM8/24/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Requesting ID of a plant, photographed in SGNP near Kahneri Caves- Mumbai - on  23-8-09.
 Regards,
Geeta Samant,
Mumbai.

UID.jpg
UID..jpg
UID....jpg
UID......jpg

Devendra Bhardwaj

Aug 24, 2009, 12:25:09 PM8/24/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, geeta arun
Some ocimum Species.
Regd
Devendra

Neil Soares

Aug 24, 2009, 12:32:56 PM8/24/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, geeta arun
Hi Geeta,
  It is Orthosiphon pallidus locally called Jyoti.
                        Regards,
                          Neil.

Aug 25, 2009, 2:22:27 AM8/25/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
just check with

Orthosiphon thymiflorus ( Roth.) Van der Sleesen in Reinwardtia 5: 42,
1959; Singh et al, Fl. Mah. St. 2: 745, 2001; Almeida, Fl. Mah. 4:
172, 2003; Pradhan et al, Fl. SGNP 515, 2005.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

geeta arun

Aug 28, 2009, 1:10:37 PM8/28/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Thanks all
Geeta Samant.

Neil Soares

Aug 29, 2009, 12:43:06 AM8/29/09
to Pardeshi S., geeta arun, indiantreepix
Hi Geeta,
  Actually I think it is Orthosiphon pallidum var.glabrum.
                     Regards,
                       Neil.

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2009, 12:21:23 PM9/11/09
to Neil Soares, Pardeshi S., geeta arun, indiantreepix, Tabish
I think it's Orthosiphon rubicundus as per earlier thread:
2009/8/29 Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com>

Thanks all
Geeta Samant.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2009, 10:36:47 PM9/17/09
to indiantreepix, geeta arun, satish pardeshi, Tabish, Devendra Bhardwaj, Neil Soares
Forwarding pl.

J.M. Garg

Sep 17, 2009, 10:46:44 PM9/17/09
to Neil Soares, Pardeshi S., geeta arun, indiantreepix, Tabish
If Geeta ji contention is correct, then species in the
earlier thread should also be Orthosiphon thymiflorous & not Orthosiphon rubicundus:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/08b687b2fb08ffe4

J.M. Garg

Oct 10, 2009, 12:20:09 AM10/10/09
to indiantreepix, Neil Soares, Tabish, satish pardeshi, geeta arun, Prashant awale
Is the photo in FOI site (http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Red%20Java%20Tea.html) is Orthosiphon thymiflorous or Orthosiphon rubicundus in view of discussion in this thread & in view of the views in this from Geeta Arun ji as below?:

[...]

In view of this my attachments may also be of Orthosiphon rubicundus & not Orthosiphon thymiflorous in the earlier thread: