Is it Dipcadi ??

Kiran Srivastava

Jul 9, 2008, 12:59:23 AM7/9/08
to Flowers of India, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I think these tiny flowers are Dipcadi sps. Photographed on Sunday on the rocky plateau near Kanheri Caves in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai. Small stalks of this plant were scattered amidst the grassy patches. A habitat shot is attached too. Kindly confirm identity please?

Cheers,

Kiran Srivastava

Mumbai

kir...@vsnl.net

P1040393.JPG
P1040397.JPG
P1040390.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2008, 2:14:41 AM7/9/08
to Kiran Srivastava, Flowers of India, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Kiran ji,
From the pictures at the following link, it appears a Dipcadi species only. Is it Dipcadi serotinum as per the following link?:
http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Dipcadi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 9, 2008, 4:54:14 AM7/9/08
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com

the flowers send by kiranji in photographs appear to be isolated flowers comming in a buch' cymose inflorecence. whyle reference send by you is a clear recemose.
leaves also differ
may not be same
madhuri

> only. Is it *Dipcadi serotinum* as per the following link?:
> http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Dipcadi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
>
> On 7/9/08, Kiran Srivastava <kir...@vsnl.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >

> > I think these tiny flowers are *Dipcadi sps.*

> Photographed on Sunday on
> > the rocky plateau near Kanheri Caves in Sanjay Gandhi
> National Park, Mumbai.
> > Small stalks of this plant were scattered amidst the
> grassy patches. A
> > habitat shot is attached too. Kindly confirm identity
> please?
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Kiran Srivastava
> >
> > Mumbai
> >
> > kir...@vsnl.net
> >

> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/
> join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2008, 6:28:46 AM7/9/08
to formp...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Kiran ji,
You can also look at Dipcadi papillatum & Dipcadi glaucum plates at http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Dipcadi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi with your other pictures & close-ups.

Neil Soares

Jul 10, 2008, 3:52:52 AM7/10/08
to Kiran Srivastava, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Kiran,
It looks like Dipcadi montanum.
Regards,
Neil.

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2008, 4:12:56 AM7/10/08
to drneil...@yahoo.com, Kiran Srivastava, indian...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link I found for Dipcadi montanum:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Dipcadi.html