Yellow Ixora

Skip to the first unread message

Shantanu Bhattacharya

7 Sept 2010, 2:51:06 pm07/09/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
sharing snap of seldom seen Yellow cultivar of Ixora coccinea....taken in my neighbourhood (Kolkata).
Ixora coccinea, known as the Jungle Geranium, Flame of the Woods, and Jungle Flame, is a common flowering shrub native to tropical Asia.  Although there are some 400 species in the genus Ixora, only a handful are commonly cultivated.
Cheers!
Shantanu  :)

Ixora-yellow.jpg

tanay bose

7 Sept 2010, 3:06:49 pm07/09/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
Nice catch Shantanu Da
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose B.Sc (Hons), M.Sc (Gold Medallist)
Department of Botany.

Shantanu

8 Sept 2010, 10:53:20 am08/09/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Tanay.

take care...
Shantanu :)

On Sep 8, 12:06 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice catch Shantanu Da
> Tanay
>
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Shantanu Bhattacharya <shnt...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > sharing snap of seldom seen Yellow cultivar of Ixora coccinea....taken in
> > my neighbourhood (Kolkata).
> > *Ixora coccinea*, known as the Jungle Geranium, Flame of the Woods, and
> > Jungle Flame, is a common flowering shrub native to tropical Asia.  Although
> > there are some 400 species in the genus *Ixora*, only a handful are
> > commonly cultivated.
> > Cheers!
> > Shantanu  :)
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose B.Sc (Hons), M.Sc (Gold Medallist)
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)*
> *            604-822-2019 (Lab)*
> *ta...@interchange.ubc.ca* <ta...@interchange.ubc.ca>

Gurcharan Singh

8 Sept 2010, 11:42:34 am08/09/10
to Shantanu, efloraofindia
Shantanu ji
For me I. coccinea var. flava

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pravin Kawale

11 Sept 2010, 8:00:32 am11/09/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Shantanu, efloraofindia
Hi,
Same I. coccinea var. flava
Photographed at Kanakeshwar,Alibag
in 2006