Flora of Chakrata: Argemone ochroleuca from Lakhamandal area

Skip to the first unread message

Balkar Arya

26 Sept 2011, 8:40:38 pm26/09/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Argemone ochroleuca from Lakhamandal area in Chakrata region
Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Argemone ochroleuca.JPG

Ushadi micromini

27 Sept 2011, 5:24:41 am27/09/11
to efloraofindia
Oh, thats what it is... I saw a few of these near western districts
with rocky red soil last year.. We all just assumed they got bleached
in the sun... a. mexicana... and the leaves were skinnier too like
this one... not just dehydrated, but a different species altogether...

LEARNING..... LEARNING...
thanks
Usha di

======
>  Argemone ochroleuca.JPG
> 109KViewDownload

Bhatt Sweta

27 Sept 2011, 5:27:35 am27/09/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Ushaji you are not the only one to assume it that way.
Me too did the same :(

Thanks Balkarji for updating it and opening my eyes.

Regards,
Shweta
--
Bhatt Shweta
Doctoral Research Student,

hari lal

27 Sept 2011, 5:32:10 am27/09/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Argemone ochroleuca & Argemone mexicana are same

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Ushadi micromini <micromi...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Giby Kuriakose

27 Sept 2011, 5:41:31 am27/09/11
to hari lal, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
According to 'the plant list'  Argemone ochroleuca & Argemone mexicana are different species.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Balkar Arya

27 Sept 2011, 8:19:13 am27/09/11
to Giby Kuriakose, hari lal, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Hari Ji Both are different species not only colors of petals only but other many features also. I think this has been discussed in the group earlier

ushadi Micromini

27 Sept 2011, 10:50:00 am27/09/11
to Bhatt Sweta, efloraofindia
Sweta : :)
usha di
======

Ushadi micromini

28 Sept 2011, 1:01:29 am28/09/11
to efloraofindia
Balkar ji... do you have a close up of the leaves???

I would like to see the venation pattern If I could...
Unfortunately, I did not take pictures last year...
so have to ask you
thanks

Usha di

On Sep 27, 7:50 pm, ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > *Bhatt Shweta*
> > *Doctoral Research Student,*
> > M.S.U.

Ushadi micromini

28 Sept 2011, 1:02:44 am28/09/11
to efloraofindia
HArilalji... alittle googling will get you your answers....

Usha di
====

On Sep 27, 7:50 pm, ushadi Micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

Balkar Arya

28 Sept 2011, 10:28:28 am28/09/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Not so clear leaves but good flower
tn_IMG_4333.JPG

ushadi Micromini

28 Sept 2011, 10:40:07 pm28/09/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Balkar ji... you are a gem...
thank you for being so quick...
Yes ... flower color and some anatomic details are clearly visible for me to do some comparison...
Thank you
Usha di
----

Balkar Arya