Fw: ELAEOCARPUS SERRATUS

Skip to the first unread message

Col Bimal Sarkar

18 Sept 2011, 12:37:23 pm18/09/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942

--- On Fri, 9/16/11, Col Bimal Sarkar <colbima...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Col Bimal Sarkar <colbima...@yahoo.com>
Subject: ELAEOCARPUS SERRATUS
Date: Friday, September 16, 2011, 2:22 PM

Dear Friends,
                    Elaeocarpus serratus is known as Jalpai in Bangla.The drupes of the tree are edible.These are pickled or eaten in curries.In our childhood we knew this fruit to be olive ( even now I find this misconception prevails in Bengal ).In fact the tree is a cousin of Elaeocarpus shaericus ( RUDRAKSHA ).Attaching three images og this plant.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942
Elaeocarpus serratus 1.jpg
Elaeocarpus serratus 2.jpg
Elaeocarpus serratus 3.jpg

Mahadeswara

18 Sept 2011, 10:44:46 pm18/09/11
to efloraofindia
As usual, your presentation and the theme are outstanding. All the
best.

On Sep 18, 9:37 pm, Col Bimal Sarkar <colbimalsar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Regards
> Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
> Mobile: 9434194942

Nidhan Singh

20 Sept 2011, 10:54:27 am20/09/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia

Really nice pics, thanks sir for upload.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany