efloraofindia:''For Id 14102011MR2’’ ? Another Chapha Pune

Skip to the first unread message

Madhuri Raut

14 Oct 2011, 3:06:02 am14/10/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- 6-7 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- white

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-Not seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

270920112028.jpg
270920112029.jpg
270920112031.jpg
270920112032.jpg

ajinkya gadave

14 Oct 2011, 3:53:00 am14/10/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
plumeria obtusa

Madhuri Raut

14 Oct 2011, 4:21:57 am14/10/11
to ajinkya gadave, efloraofindia
Thank you Ajinkya ji for Id
One query are there many varieties of this same flower because the flowers petals in the two posts that I posted today look different
Regards
Bhagyashri

Ushadi micromini

17 Oct 2011, 5:59:39 am17/10/11
to efloraofindia
madhuri...its just not the flower petal...
if you look closely... the leaves often are different ...there is a
variablility inherent in the plumerias...

keep looking... we have several of these along my daily walk... all
have a just a tad bit different leaves or petals or even flower
scent... that 's what make the walk so interesting...

it just like the case of many of the sarcomas.... where there is
marked variability in the cells... if you keep looking at soft tissue
tumors... yet they are all sarcomas...

and here they are all plumeria obtusa...

it boils down to experience...
curiosity and willingness to put it together ( you have these last
qualifications in abundance)

your flower in thread "''For Id 14102011MR1’’ is older... opened the
day before... if you smell such a flower.. almost no scent... or very
faint.... do not inhale too deeply... many small pollinators hide in
the nectar tube...ha ha
..
usha di
====

On Oct 14, 1:21 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Ajinkya ji for Id
> One query are there many varieties of this same flower because the flowers
> petals in the two posts that I posted today look different
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > *plumeria obtusa
> > *

Madhuri Raut

17 Oct 2011, 6:28:49 am17/10/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Ushadi, you almost took me from the floral world back to my  Histopath section and formalin !!! Thank God you drove back to the world of perfumed flowers and pollen. Thank you it was interesting reading
Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

17 Oct 2011, 6:40:03 am17/10/11
to mani nair, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Wow cute lovely catch!! Mani ji
Regards
Bhagyashri

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM, mani nair <mani....@gmail.com> wrote:
Bhagyashri ji, beautiful flowers.  I love the fragrance of this flower.  Here is mine.
Regards,
Mani Nair

mani nair

17 Oct 2011, 6:23:46 am17/10/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
plum-2.JPG
plum3.jpg

mani nair

17 Oct 2011, 7:15:37 am17/10/11
to Madhuri Raut, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks Bhagyashri ji, here is one more photo of the flower, but from a different plant.

Place : Jaipur, Rajasthan
Date  :  November 2010
Habitat : Cultivated

Regards,

Mani.

plumeria.jpg

Pinki

17 Oct 2011, 7:32:31 am17/10/11
to efloraofindia
Plumeria obtusa for sure

Alok
>  270920112028.jpg
> 241KViewDownload
>
>  270920112029.jpg
> 296KViewDownload
>
>  270920112031.jpg
> 734KViewDownload
>
>  270920112032.jpg
> 273KViewDownload

Madhuri Raut

17 Oct 2011, 7:39:55 am17/10/11
to mani nair, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Beautiful smiling flower Mani ji. This is the flower I knew as Phandhara(White)  Chapha .I remember making finger rings from this flower in my childhood.

Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

17 Oct 2011, 7:40:32 am17/10/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Thank you Pinki ji for confirming Id
Regards
Bhagyashri

mani nair

17 Oct 2011, 7:43:37 am17/10/11
to Madhuri Raut, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Oh thanks, good to know flowers also smiles

Regards,

Mani Nair

330.gif
347.gif

ushadi Micromini

17 Oct 2011, 8:42:06 pm17/10/11
to mani nair, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes flowers smile, laugh, cry... even get mad...
didn't you know?  as do the leaves?
They even enjoy music and dance...

I am not joking....
its serious business... scientific business that is...
lot has been researched and written about....

And now I suspect they do not like cell-phone towers towering just above them...

Usha di
---------------------
330.gif
347.gif

mani nair

18 Oct 2011, 12:02:10 am18/10/11
to ushadi Micromini, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Usha ji, thanks for this valuable information.  I know flowers laugh when they are happy, and cry when they are sad, but due to our own pre-occupation we fail to notice it.  Just once get fully identified with it and sit with them for some time and you will notice it.

Regards,

Mani Nair
330.gif
347.gif

ushadi Micromini

18 Oct 2011, 12:32:36 am18/10/11
to mani nair, iti...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Neil Soares, Madhuri Pejaver, ushadi Micromini, Pankaj Kumar
Yes...  Mani ji, you are right.. most of us came to botany because of our love for greenery or for the love of flowers...

my current balcony is also full of flowers... all kinds.. warm weather tropicals , temperate zone and some cold weather  ones...  mostly very prolific ...

But the plants do not like to flower when people fight...
I have  neighbors who periodically  fight a lot among themselves, and their vibrations  must be reaching my plants, they shut down, stop producing flowers,  when the crescendo of their fights is at the height, my plants stop blooming...   when they go on vacation (long ones) of 3 -4 months like visiting their sons in us or uk... my plants bloom like crazy... and look very happy...and peaceful... ( not based on seasons... they go sometimes in winter, sometimes in summer , so my plants are responding to absence of negative vibrations regardless of season..  since they do not announce their departures, we learn of their absence by the profuse blooming ...   as if the plants are dancing in joy...  then we do our sherlock homes and confirm that they are gone taking their their vibrations)

I have learnt over the years to overcome the neighbors fights ( to a degree, not fully yet) by meditating near the plants, getting into their xylem and travelling around inside coaxing... or just floating, and playing devotional songs cds...  near the balcony... had to set up a separate music system with small speakers esp for the flowering plants..

My mom used to be able to talk to trees and they would visibly respond... I have seen it with my own eyes and even done some super8 movies... which at this point I dont own..  otherwise it would be a great small demo... I try to talk the way my Mom did ,   I am not there yet... but communicating with plants and asking them what they like is a very good way to nurture them...

Mysteries of life.... older I get more mysteries present themselves... and dogmas fall away....

Madhuri / Bhagyashri, see what you started...  keep doing it... makes me remember...

Usha di

330.gif
347.gif