efloraofindia:''For Id 25092011MR5’’ climber with red berries with white stripes Pune

Skip to the first unread message

Madhuri Raut

25 Sept 2011, 10:24:06 am25/09/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Pune Kotherud

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ?Garden?wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- climber on a fence of private garden

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- flat green big

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- there was bright sunlight and was difficult to cap images

flowers were yellow green five petalled

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- red single berries with white stripes

Other Information Remember from memories of childhood that snakes eat these so I think these may be poisonous

Regards
Bhagyashri
240920111944.jpg
240920111945.jpg

Balkar Arya

25 Sept 2011, 10:56:08 am25/09/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I think Diplocyclos palmatus also called shivlingi bel
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

25 Sept 2011, 11:25:01 am25/09/11
to efloraofindia
Yes its a Maharashtra special I guess...only yesterday I was going
thru Dinesh valke ji's flickr stream for western Ghats and seen a
spectacular set red berries with white stripes...

and they were these same things... Diplocyclos palmatus
Dineshji's fotos can be seen at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/4171239842/in/set-72157622965438470
of course you'll get a lot more than pic and name there.... as
usual...

great... stuff...
what a joy... is this group...
Usha di

==========

Madhuri Raut

25 Sept 2011, 11:45:47 am25/09/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji and Thank you so much Ushadi for the link
Regards
Bhagyashri

Balkar Arya

25 Sept 2011, 11:46:28 am25/09/11