Re: 29 new messages in 13 topics - abridged

Sirisha Ganeshulla

Jun 27, 2008, 12:17:44 AM6/27/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

We had been on a trek to Saurkundi pass. One of our co-trekkers sent us a few photographs of flowers he took while trekking in the Himalayas. These pictures were taken above 7,500 feet in the Himalayas.

Please let me know if any of you can identify the photographs.

Sirisha
Bangalore

--
Sirisha...

Harshad_Saurkundi_11.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_10.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_2.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_3.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_4.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_5.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_6.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_7.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_8.jpg
Harshad_Saurkundi_9.jpg

nabha meghani

Jun 28, 2008, 5:49:29 AM6/28/08
to Sirisha Ganeshulla, indian...@googlegroups.com
the first one is Viola tricolor, Familie  (Violaceae).   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_tricolor
german name Wilde Stiefmütterchen, Muttergottesschuh, Mädchenaugen, Gedenkemein, Schöngesicht, Liebesgesichtli
very common in Germany, streetsides, sand, parking areas, everywhere one finds these tiny flowers.