Hedychium Flavescens : AK

Skip to the first unread message

Aarti S. Khale

29 Mar 2010, 2:07:09 am29/03/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
My Red Ginger type cones...taken in Munnar which was identified as Hedychium Flavescens a day or two ago.
These are the flowers I had photographed at Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai.
Please confirm Id.
Regards,
Aarti
DSCN7118.JPG

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

29 Mar 2010, 3:29:59 am29/03/10
to efloraofindia
So this proves that my friends id for the other pic was correct!
Regards
Pankaj

tanay bose

29 Mar 2010, 8:45:54 am29/03/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arati Ji,
I think this plant is Hedychium coronarium commonly known as "White Ginger Lily".
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Aarti S. Khale

1 Apr 2010, 3:14:52 am01/04/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com, Gurcharan Singh
Dear Tanay,
Attaching two more pictures if they will be of help in identifying this flower.
Regards,
Aarti

Butterfly Ginger Lily-Yellow,JU-DSCN5649.JPG
Butterfly Ginger Lily Yellow-DSCN5648.JPG

tanay bose

1 Apr 2010, 8:14:19 am01/04/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com, Gurcharan Singh
Dear Arati Ji,
I think the plant in the attached photo is Hedychium flavescens [ Synonym: Hedychium coronarium var. flavescens] commonly known as Yellow Ginger Lily.
Regards
Tanay