PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION -34

Debasish Joardar

Nov 23, 2007, 10:42:43 AM11/23/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi,

Location : Bhadreshwar, Hooghly, West Bengal.

Date : 18/11/2007.

Would you please identify this plant.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Debasish Joardar

Nov 24, 2007, 7:30:21 AM11/24/07

Date : 24/11/2007.

Think it belongs to same species, but shoot at different place.

Would you please identify this plant.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it.

TT.jpg

Susmita Basu

Nov 26, 2007, 12:51:54 AM11/26/07
to Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
This is very definitely a sp. of Ludwigia, family Onagraceae, looks like Ludwigia perennis.

Susmita

J.M. Garg

Nov 26, 2007, 3:46:46 AM11/26/07
to Susmita Basu, Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Here is a link to Ludwigia (Water primrose, primrose willow) Genus:

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
For learning about our trees & plants, please visit http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

Susmita Basu

Dec 4, 2007, 12:23:46 AM12/4/07
to J.M. Garg, Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Date : 18/11/2007.

Would you please identify this plant.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.

This is very definitely a sp. of Ludwigia, family Onagraceae, looks like Ludwigia perennis.

Susmita

It is Ludwigia perennis. Sorry I mixed up the name and author of reference book. Identification help was obtained from "Aquatic and Wetland Plants of India" by C.D.K.Cook published by Oxford University Press in 1996.

Debasish Joardar

Dec 4, 2007, 9:55:01 AM12/4/07
to Susmita Basu, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Susmita,

You identified it as Ludwigia perennis.

But kindly see the link for Ludwigia perennis.

In the link the colour of the leaves are purple but in my case the leaves are always green. Not only that when I went for image search for Ludwigia perennis
all the pictures shows same purple colour of leaves.

Another point, I learnt from the above site that Ludwigia perennis is a water plant. But I always found them far away from any water body.

Again, I found a match with my posted pictures with Ludwigia octovalvis.

See the link for Ludwigia octovalvis.

Waiting for your comments.

With regards,

Debasish Joardar

Bring your gang together - do your thing. Start your group.

Akramul Hoque

Dec 4, 2007, 1:08:10 PM12/4/07
to Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Hello  Dear,
After  a  long  silence  for  my illness  &  research  programmes ------I  feeled to inform  you  my  Opinion  regarding  ID-34 ---which is confirmly  Ludwigia parviflora (Onagraceae)----------Erect  herb  growing  beside rice field  7  other  areas---I also found it  at the  crevices of  Rly sleepers.
AKRAM