Another ID from Chamba

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 14, 2011, 8:16:30 AM2/14/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
Here is another one I have been trying to id... found near the fields
next to my house
Altitude 2100 mts
month - October
Thanks for all the encouragement...
Regards
Alok

--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

dscn1735a.jpg
dscn1739a.jpg

Prashant awale

Feb 14, 2011, 9:26:38 AM2/14/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alok ji,
I think this is  Plectranthus sp. Looks like  Plectranthus barbatus (Family: Lamiaceae).

regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Feb 14, 2011, 9:56:42 AM2/14/11
to Prashant awale, Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
 Plectranthus for sure not confirmed of the species
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 14, 2011, 10:07:54 AM2/14/11
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think  Isodon lophanthoides (Buch.-Ham. ex D.Don) H.Hara. (syn: Plectranthus gerardianus Benth)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 14, 2011, 1:03:57 PM2/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, dear friends,
for the guidance generously shared with me, from what I have seen as
descriptions on FOI site for

I. Lopanthoides - my specimen flowers are not white or rose but could be
best described as light blue.
- lower lip is not slightly... but much longer than upper
- stamen and styles do not protrude out of the mouth.

P. barbatus - on FOI it does not mention if the flowers are purple
flecked.
- also I do not know the meaning of upper lip short, 'turned back', mine
does not seem to be turned back... but then I also do not know what was
meant by the term
-Also did not look to me as 3-lobed like P. barbatus

On the other hand it did resemble a bit like Isodon rugosus but then I
could be well mistaken.....

Thanks again for the insights and learning which I am getting from you..
Sincerely with regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 14, 2011, 11:32:33 PM2/14/11
to Alok & Isabelle, tanay bose, Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Alok ji
Isodon rugosus is a much distinct species with densely wooly leaves and much smaller flowers, very lax inflorescence.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 15, 2011, 6:19:48 AM2/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gurcharan ji,
I see your point, and since you all have identified many more of this
species I think you'd know much more than me about this.... so
Plectranthus it is and as far as the species I think Prashant ji and you
would have the answer....
Thank you
Sincerely, regards
Alok
On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 10:02 +0530, Gurcharan Singh wrote:
> inflorescence.

J.M. Garg

May 21, 2011, 12:36:15 PM5/21/11
to efloraofindia, alokis...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, tanay bose, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

[...]

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 69,000 messages on 30/4/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

dscn1735a.jpg
dscn1739a.jpg

amit chauhan

May 23, 2011, 2:03:02 AM5/23/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, alokis...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, tanay bose, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in
Hi,

May be Coleus forskohli

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

May 23, 2011, 3:26:02 AM5/23/11
to amit chauhan, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, alokis...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, tanay bose, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in
Leaves  of Coleus forskohlii I think are succulent and much different. I am uploading (without flowers) as labelled at Herbal Garden, Hamdard University, Delhi.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Coleus-forskohlii-Hamdard-Herbal-gdn-Delhi-1.jpg

amit chauhan

May 23, 2011, 4:29:35 AM5/23/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, alokis...@gmail.com, Prashant awale, tanay bose, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in
Yes I got your point sirji

regards

On 5/23/11, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leaves of Coleus forskohlii I think are succulent and much different. I am
> uploading (without flowers) as labelled at Herbal Garden, Hamdard
> University, Delhi.
>
> Here are additional links
>

> http://international.stockfood.com/image-picture-Makandi-(Coleus-forskohlii)---Ayurvedic-medicinal-plant-371250.html
>

> <http://international.stockfood.com/image-picture-Makandi-(Coleus-forskohlii)---Ayurvedic-medicinal-plant-371250.html>
> http://www.indiamart.com/pe-thanjavur/products.html

JM Garg

Apr 29, 2012, 3:44:42 AM4/29/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Plectranthus barbatus. (syn:Coleus barbatus (Andrews) Benth.; Coleus forskohlii (Poir.) Briquet;) as identified by Singh ji as per link

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2017, 4:47:28 AM9/10/17
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, amit chauhan, GurcharanSingh, Prashant awale
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

dscn1735a.jpg