Barleria

sibdas ghosh

Jan 4, 2008, 10:04:37 AM1/4/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Is it Barleria prionites candida? White flowered, not yellow as in
normal B.prionites.- Sibdas

DSCF0011_edited.JPG
DSCF0012.JPG

sachin pandhare

Jan 7, 2008, 3:19:50 AM1/7/08
to sibdas ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
if i am not wrong: (i think) the sepals act like thorns in this shrub.
so in marathi we call it "kaTa koraTa"
i have seen yellow, white and violet variations for this.
Sachin

J.M. Garg

Jan 7, 2008, 4:03:53 AM1/7/08
to sachin pandhare, sibdas ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
It should be Barleria cristata- var. candida (Syn. B. dichotoma) as per Tropical Garden Plants of India by Bose, Chowdhury & Sharma, as the B. prionitis has yellow flowers.

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
For learning about our trees & plants, please visit http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

sibda...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2008, 4:38:30 AM1/7/08