Anemone occidentalis from Shasta Mountain, California

Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

1 May 2011, 1:14:12 pm01/05/11
to efloraofindia

Anemone occidentalis S. Watson, Proc. Amer. Acad. Arts 11:121. 1876

syn: Pulsatilla occidentalis (S. Watson) Freyn

Tall perennial herb with highly dissected leaves, large white flowers and hairy achenes; photographed from Shasta Mountain in California in June, 2008.

Common Names: mountain pasqueflower, western pasqueflower

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Anemone occidentalis-Shasta Mt,, California-1.jpg
Anemone occidentalis-Shasta Mt,, California-2.jpg
Anemone occidentalis-Shasta Mt,, California-3.jpg

Nidhan Singh

1 May 2011, 7:29:55 pm01/05/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dear Sir,

This is again a beautiful plant, is this reported from Indian Himalayas?

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Ushadi micromini

1 May 2011, 8:14:24 pm01/05/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurucharanji:
What a beauty, I know it as seedpods of pulsatilla.... white flowers
with somewhat yellow center, is it?
thanks
Usha di
===

On May 1, 10:14 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anemone occidentalis S. Watson, Proc. Amer. Acad. Arts 11:121. 1876

> syn: *Pulsatilla occidentalis* (S. Watson) Freyn

> Tall perennial herb with highly dissected leaves, large white flowers and
> hairy achenes; photographed from Shasta Mountain in California in June,
> 2008.
>
> Common Names: mountain pasqueflower, western pasqueflower
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

>  Anemone occidentalis-Shasta Mt,, California-1.jpg
> 756KViewDownload
>
>  Anemone occidentalis-Shasta Mt,, California-2.jpg
> 235KViewDownload
>
>  Anemone occidentalis-Shasta Mt,, California-3.jpg
> 259KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

1 May 2011, 9:07:55 pm01/05/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes Usha di

Pulsatilla, the older name for some species now in genus Anemone.
Nishan ji, it is not reported from Himalayas