Pedicularis oederi

Skip to the first unread message

Pankaj Kumar

13 Jul 2010, 3:29:01 pm13/07/10
to indiantreepix
Pedicularis oederi Vahl in Hornemann, Dansk Oekonom. Plantel. ed. 2. 580. 1806.

Family: Scrophulariaceae
Location: Rohtang Pass, Himachal Paradesh

Regards
Pankaj

Pedicularis oederi.JPG

tanay bose

13 Jul 2010, 11:17:42 pm13/07/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
This is Pedicularis oederi var oederi as it has 10-20 pairs of leaf segment, it its more than that (25-30pairs) then its var multipinna.

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Pankaj Kumar

13 Jul 2010, 11:20:13 pm13/07/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Thanks for the information.....I knew by the way, but there s general
tendency by me to use without variety if the plant is original...It is
understood if you dont write the name of the variety.

Keep it up...
Regards
Pankaj

tanay bose

14 Jul 2010, 12:24:12 am14/07/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
You are quite knowledgeable about the Himalayan flora hence this is common that you know it !!
This for other who are not aware of it
tanay

R. Vijayasankar

14 Jul 2010, 12:41:24 am14/07/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
When the discussion is about the typical variety, there is no need to mention the variety name. But when you talk of also other variety/varieties, then the typical variety name has to be mentioned.

We need not mention the variety name 'indicus' for Hemidesmus indicus, when we are not talking about H. indicus var. pubescens.

Am i correct?

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Senthilkumar

14 Jul 2010, 1:45:18 am14/07/10
to R. Vijayasankar, tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
I accept Vijaya Shanker Sir's reliable comment on varieties and conclusion for this particular discussion.

Regards
Senthilkumar U.
--
Senthilkumar U.
BSI & School of Ecology and Conservation,

Pankaj Kumar

14 Jul 2010, 6:06:42 am14/07/10
to Senthilkumar, R. Vijayasankar, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yes Dr. Vijay....thats what I wass trying to say but may be my words
were not appropriate.
Regards
Pankaj

Satish Phadke

14 Jul 2010, 12:03:04 pm14/07/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Pankaj ji and Vijaya ji
Both of you have explained it in a proper way Thanks again.
Dr Phadke