Request for ID : Pahalgam : 191011 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 19, 2011, 2:40:48 AM10/19/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
A small plant with a single yellow flower, photographed at Pahalgam on the 8th of Sept,11.
Not too sure if this is a garden plant cultivated or growing wild....as it was found growing in the hotel garden under a Pine tree.
Kindly id.
Aarti
DSCN2141.JPG

Plant Diversity

Oct 19, 2011, 3:21:22 AM10/19/11
to efloraofindia
This is a species of Geum (Rosaceae) very like Geum urbanum. The leaf
shape and large stipules are characteristic.

best wishes,

Alastair
http://www.facebook.com/PlantDiversity
>  DSCN2141.JPG
> 145KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 19, 2011, 3:46:01 AM10/19/11
to Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
Yes Geum urbanum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 19, 2011, 5:47:18 AM10/19/11
to Plant Diversity, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Alastair ji, Gurcharan ji,
Thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

On Oct 19, 11:21 am, Plant Diversity <a.cul...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:
> This is a species of Geum (Rosaceae) very like Geum urbanum.  The leaf
> shape and large stipules are characteristic.
>
> best wishes,
>

> Alastairhttp://www.facebook.com/PlantDiversity

J.M. Garg

Jul 28, 2014, 10:33:22 AM7/28/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks, Singh ji,
Is this also Geum roylei Bolle (syn: G. urbanum Auct. (non L.) as per another thread.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,93,000 messages on 30/6/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSCN2141.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 28, 2014, 6:50:31 PM7/28/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Yes Garg ji.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

Aarti S. Khale

Jul 30, 2014, 11:48:41 PM7/30/14
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Gurcharan Ji, Garg Ji.
Regards,
Aarti