Grass Week : AR14 Tall-grasses from hilltops

Skip to the first unread message

raghu ananth

29 Dec 2010, 12:21:20 pm29/12/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Grass Week : AR14 Tall-grasses from hilltops

Sorry for the picture quality, just curious to know the grass kinds in this hilly habitat.

Height : 3 feet approx.,
Habitat : hill top, grasslands, shola,
Date: December 25, 2007

Time : between 17:15 and 18.00

Location: Muthodi- Mullaiyanagiri  hills

Western Ghats,

Chikka magalur district

Karnataka

Regards
Raghu

DSC_1438a1.jpg
P1100276a1.jpg
P1100276a2.jpg

Mayur Nandikar

29 Dec 2010, 9:35:37 pm29/12/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello
It mixture of many grasses but i feel the larger one is some species of Pennisetum
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

J.M. Garg

11 Apr 2011, 4:56:52 am11/04/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Mayur Nandikar, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“It mixture of many grasses but i feel the larger one is some species of Pennisetum from Mayur ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSC_1438a1.jpg
P1100276a1.jpg
P1100276a2.jpg

J.M. Garg

13 Apr 2011, 1:41:24 am13/04/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth, Mayur Nandikar, crazyg...@gmail.com, tanvee...@gmail.com, pch...@gmail.com, ravig...@rediffmail.com
A reply:
"Looks like a cultivated land.  The dominating grass (crop) is Setaria italica
Dr. P. Ravichandran"