Flora of Chakrata: Tagetes minima from Chakrata Tiger fall road

Skip to the first unread message

Balkar Arya

29 Sept 2011, 12:58:20 pm29/09/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all
Tagetes minima from Chakrata Tiger fall road
pls validate
Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Tagetes minima (1).JPG
Tagetes minima (3).JPG
Tagetes minima (4).JPG
Tagetes minima (5).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

29 Sept 2011, 1:33:29 pm29/09/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

29 Sept 2011, 8:19:52 pm29/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks for confirmation sir

Gurcharan Singh

30 Oct 2016, 12:59:59 pm30/10/16
to efloraofindia, efloraofindia
We may have to recheck it. I find it may be T. minuta only. Some one please check some Flora which records T. minima. I find even its report from USA (see Flora North America) was wrong.

Gurcharan Singh

Gurcharan Singh

30 Oct 2016, 5:43:17 pm30/10/16
to efloraofindia
I have checked GRIN and Original source IPNI, even Page 887 of Species Plantarum Vol. 2. T. minima does not Figure anywhere. The Plant List, which I find has more errors than any other database, lists T. minima L., without full reference (rather unusual) as accepted name base on single source Global Compositae Checklist, which itself does not give any reference for T. minima, rather mentions 'IPNI only has T. minuta L.'
   From my experience IPNI never misses a genuine record, and if plant also does not feature in 2 vulumes of Species Plantarum, I am in doubt about T. minima L. having ever been published,

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089

JM Garg

31 Oct 2016, 1:01:33 am31/10/16
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Tagetes minima (1).JPG
Tagetes minima (3).JPG
Tagetes minima (4).JPG
Tagetes minima (5).JPG

J.M. Garg

9 Nov 2016, 4:58:22 am09/11/16
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya
Thanks, Singh ji.
It may be Tagetes minuta L. only as per images herein.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Tagetes minima (1).JPG
Tagetes minima (3).JPG
Tagetes minima (4).JPG
Tagetes minima (5).JPG