name of this flower

Ambika Bhatt

Jul 3, 2008, 6:50:58 AM7/3/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com

please check this photograph. i took this in munnar, kerala. if you know the name of this beautiful flower, please let me know.

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 3, 2008, 10:17:15 AM7/3/08
to Ambika Bhatt, indian...@googlegroups.com

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jul 3, 2008, 11:45:33 AM7/3/08
to formp...@yahoo.com, Ambika Bhatt, indian...@googlegroups.com
It has to be a cactus or succulent. my best guess is some sp. of euphorbia. However, it is a guess only.
akbhatt

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2008, 12:06:54 PM7/3/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, formp...@yahoo.com, Ambika Bhatt, indian...@googlegroups.com
I tried to look for Euphorbia species on the net & in the Tropical Garden plants by Bose, Chowdhury & Sharma, but couldn't find this one. Further one can see the leaves in the picture, which is not there in the Euphorbia species.
Hi, Ambika ji,
Do you have other pictures showing leaves etc.? If so, pl. post them.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Nudrat

Jul 4, 2008, 6:53:26 AM7/4/08
to indiantreepix
Plz post a pictue of the flower with its leaves and habit if possible
as it will make identification easier

On Jul 3, 9:06 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to look for Euphorbia species on the net & in the Tropical Garden
> plants by Bose, Chowdhury & Sharma, but couldn't find this one. Further one
> can see the leaves in the picture, which is not there in the Euphorbia
> species.
> Hi, Ambika ji,
> Do you have other pictures showing leaves etc.? If so, pl. post them.
>
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Anand Kumar Bhatt <anandkbh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > It has to be a cactus or succulent. my best guess is some sp. of euphorbia.
> > However, it is a guess only.
> > akbhatt
>
> >   On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Madhuri Pejaver <formpeja...@yahoo.com>

Chitra Shanker

Jul 4, 2008, 9:13:16 AM7/4/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like lamiaceae. But it is a beautiful; shot
CHitra

Mahadeswara Swamy

Jul 5, 2008, 1:21:07 AM7/5/08
to Ambika Bhatt, indian...@googlegroups.com
The plant looks like one of the wild  Jacobinia sps, belonging to  Acanthaceae family.   I have seen most beautiful Jacobinias in USA( J.cornea).  But they are cultivated.   Any how please check for the morphological descriptions of the  plant and flowers to make sure of the sepcies.
Dr. Mahadeswara swamy

please check this photograph. i took this in munnar, kerala. if you know the name of this beautiful flower, please let me know.

Sushmita Jha

Jul 5, 2008, 2:28:18 AM7/5/08
to Nudrat, indiantreepix
I think it is a Jacobina - I dont know the botanical name
Sushmita Jha

J.M. Garg

Jul 5, 2008, 4:49:00 AM7/5/08
to Sushmita Jha, Nudrat, indiantreepix

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jul 5, 2008, 8:07:07 AM7/5/08
to Mahadeswara Swamy, Ambika Bhatt, indian...@googlegroups.com

Mahadeswara Swamy

Jul 5, 2008, 9:25:12 AM7/5/08
to Sushmita Jha, Nudrat, indiantreepix
Jacobinia is the genus name ( part of the species name/ botanical name).  Many times the botanical name and comma names are the same.
Dr. Mahadeswara swamy

> >>  >http://www.flickr.com/photos/abirgupta/2470202386/

> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
> For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visithttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg- Hide quoted text -

Messenger blocked? Want to chat? Here is the solution.