Pangi id al140911a

Skip to the first unread message

Alok Mahendroo

15 Sept 2011, 12:25:02 pm15/09/11

www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

080211_1677a.jpg
080211_1679.jpg
080211_1678.jpg

Na Bha

16 Sept 2011, 7:16:59 am16/09/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
wild wild wild guess some Filipendula? German name "Mädesüß"
grows in shady places near water. Don't know, if found in India high altitudes.

Regards
Nalini

anupam sarmah

16 Sept 2011, 7:41:54 am16/09/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
some Polygonaceae member for sure. Ancogonum?

anupam
--
Anupam Sarmah Ph.D. I Head, Assam Landscapes I WWF India I Tezpur, Assam
+91 3712 260132 (O) I+91 94354 85789 (M) I Skype: anupamsarmah

Alok Mahendroo

16 Sept 2011, 11:53:57 am16/09/11
to anupam sarmah, efloraofindia
Yes you're right Anupam ji,
It is Aconogonum alpinum, Thanks
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

20 Sept 2011, 12:45:29 am20/09/11
to Alok Mahendroo, anupam sarmah, efloraofindia
I hope Persicaria wallichii (syn: Polygonum polystachyum)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

anupam sarmah

20 Sept 2011, 12:52:48 am20/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Dear Sir,
I have lot of confusion in the family Polygonaceae particularly the genus Polygonum, Ancogonum, and Persicaria. If we refer to few contemporary flora of the Himalayan region there are lot of confusion. Flora of Bhutan, Flora of China and our other Indian floras from the region, there are lot name changes, mereger etc. etc.
Do we have any good and recent revision of the family?

Regards,
anupam

Gurcharan Singh

20 Sept 2011, 1:11:00 am20/09/11
to anupam sarmah, Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Anupam ji

Seeing the recent trend it is ideal to follow Polygonum, Persicaria, Bistorta, Aconogonon as distinct genera as done in eFlora of Pakistan. For names GRIN should be helpful.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok Mahendroo

20 Sept 2011, 4:06:00 am20/09/11
to Gurcharan Singh, anupam sarmah, efloraofindia
Thank you sir,
regards
Alok

J.M. Garg

20 Feb 2022, 2:27:22 am20/02/22
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, anupam sarmah, GurcharanSingh
I think this appears more closer to images and details at Koenigia alpina (All.) T.M.Schust. & Reveal
rather than those at Koenigia polystachya (Wall. ex Meisn.) T. M. Schust. & Reveal
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg