For ID 020710 ET

Skip to the first unread message

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

2 Jul 2010, 3:35:08 am02/07/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this plant picture during Nature camp to the Nilgiri Biosphere
Reserve –in Kunda Forest Reserve-Mukurthi National Park. Avalanche
Date/Time-14.5.10 ----6.40am
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Avalanche- Kunda Forest
Reserve-Mukurthi, National Park Avalanche
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- -----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- -----------
Height/Length- -----Around 1meter
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------Thorny, 12 to 14 inch, as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

tanay bose

2 Jul 2010, 10:22:10 am02/07/10
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix

Carduus acanthoides L. - Plumeless Thistle, Spiny Plumeless Thistle I hope !!

Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

J.M. Garg

10 Jul 2010, 12:55:01 am10/07/10
to efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, tanay bose

Earlier relevant feedback:

Carduus acanthoides L. - Plumeless Thistle, Spiny Plumeless Thistle I hope !!

Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

nabha meghani

10 Jul 2010, 6:55:33 am10/07/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, tanay bose
I have also seen a very spiny thistle in one garden and its name was Elfenbeindistel (Ptilostemon afer)
ivory thistle. my guess!
Regards
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

10 Jul 2010, 11:55:10 am10/07/10
to nabha meghani, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, tanay bose
It is not Carduus acanthoides, rather a species of Cirsium.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg