ID request plant..

Skip to the first unread message

arvind kadus

19 Aug 2010, 7:07:00 am19/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, All,
This plant is located in Mahabaleshwar-Poladpur ghat,
5-6 ft. plant,
Purple coloured flowers.
Regards,
Dr. Kadus Arvind.Pune.

IMG_5021A.JPG
IMG_5022A.JPG
IMG_5025A.JPG

Mayur Nandikar

20 Aug 2010, 1:56:49 am20/08/10
to arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello ,
This may be Clerodendrum serratum (Linnaeus) Moon.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

arvind kadus

20 Aug 2010, 8:29:59 am20/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Mayur Nandikar
Hi, All,
Attaching herewith the shots of clerodendrum sarratum. Which totally differs from preveous pictures. Flowers are not alike.

Inflorescence may be same. Genus may be same but may be other species?.

Yet to clarify again..
Dr. Kadus Arvind.

Clerodendrum serratum5.JPG
Clerodendrum serratum6.JPG

arvind kadus

20 Aug 2010, 8:32:49 am20/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Mayur Nandikar
Clerodendrum serratum5.JPG
Clerodendrum serratum6.JPG

Neil Soares

20 Aug 2010, 8:54:11 am20/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, arvind kadus, Mayur Nandikar
Hi Dr.Kadus,
  Looks the same to me. Sending some of my photographs for comparison.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

--- On Fri, 8/20/10, arvind kadus <agasti...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Clerodendrum serratum, Blue Fountain Bush 1.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum, Blue Fountain Bush 2.jpg

Dr. Arvind Kadus

20 Aug 2010, 9:28:03 am20/08/10
to efloraofindia, drneil...@yahoo.com
Neil Ji,
Its my mistake, I have posted it twice by mistake. But the earlier one
is different i think. Inflorescence, Flowers are also different. May
be genus is same but species may be different.
May be flowers are not opened in that picture. thats why confusing.
Clarify please.
Dr. Kadus arvind.
On Aug 20, 5:54 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dr.Kadus,
>   Looks the same to me. Sending some of my photographs for comparison.
>                          Regards,
>                           Neil Soares.

Neil Soares

20 Aug 2010, 11:38:15 am20/08/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Arvind Kadus
Hi Dr.Kadus,
  I seem to be missing something here. Lets wait for some other comments.
                           Regards,
                            Neil Soares.

tanay bose

20 Aug 2010, 1:52:55 pm20/08/10
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Dr. Arvind Kadus
Lovely catch from both thanks for sharing
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

J.M. Garg

25 Sept 2010, 5:30:11 am25/09/10
to efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, arvind kadus

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This may be Clerodendrum serratum (Linnaeus) Moon.” from Mayur ji.

27 Sept 2010, 12:41:44 am27/09/10
to efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, arvind kadus, Milind M Sardesai
A reply from Milind ji:
"Clerodendrum serratum(L.) Moon."

Dr. Arvind Kadus

27 Sept 2010, 11:08:56 am27/09/10