Parietaria debilis from Chakrata area

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 11:14:40 AM10/14/11
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish

Parietaria debilis G.Forst., Fl. Ins. Austr. 73 1786

Syn: Freirea debilis (G.Forst.) Jarm.; Freirea australis Nees

Family: Urticaceae

This small insignicant plant may be missed by many, and I had probably missed it many times till one day on collection trip to Sonamarg in Kashmir, the famous Russian authority on Salicaceae, Prof. . K. Skvortsov picked up a plant from under the rock and showed it to me. I found it again in Chakrata while moving towards Deovan area and again towards Budher caves area.

 A diffuse pubescent herb with numerous straggling delicate stems, often forming patches; leaves alternate, 3-nerved, 10-25 mm long, ovate to orbicular; flowers minute in axillary clusters, male with 4 stamens, 4-parted perianth; female with tubular 4-lobed perianth enclosing ovary, stigma a tuft of hairs; fruit enclosed in persistent perianth.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Parietaria-debilis-Chakrata Budher caves road-4.jpg
Parietaria-debilis-Chakrata Deovan road-1.jpg
Parietaria-debilis-Chakrata Deovan road-2.jpg
Parietaria-debilis-Chakrata Deovan road-3.jpg

Balkar Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 11:27:14 AM10/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Good Shots sir
Here are mines Sir from same place same time
pls validate
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Parietaria debilis (1).JPG
Parietaria debilis (2).JPG
Parietaria debilis (3).JPG
Parietaria debilis (4).JPG
Parietaria debilis (5).JPG
Parietaria debilis (6).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 11:33:39 AM10/14/11
to Balkar Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Yes Balkar ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Balkar Singh

Oct 14, 2011, 11:37:46 AM10/14/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Thanks Sir
We are eagerly waiting for full series of yours on swertia sp  from Chakrata
Thanks