Orchid from Jhargram

Skip to the first unread message

Shantanu Bhattacharya

18 Sept 2010, 5:50:16 am18/09/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
taken this snap of Orchid in October 2009 in Jhargram, Midnapore dist. West Bengal.
I was surprised to see this plant in such a dry habitat.

regards
Shantanu : )

Shantanu Bhattacharya.
B.Sc, M.Sc (Zoology)
University of Calcutta.
Teaching Faculty.
Dept. of Biology.
Vivekananda Mission School(ICSE).
Joka. Kolkata.

orchid2.JPG

Shantanu Bhattacharya

18 Sept 2010, 6:06:43 am18/09/10
to Sweedle Cerejo, efloraofindia
Hi Sweedle..
Thanks a lot for the ID

regards
Shantanu.

On 9/18/10, Sweedle Cerejo <sweedle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

   This one seems to Vanda tessellata, an Orchidaceae member

Regards,
Sweedle Cerejo
Research Fellow
St. Xavier's College
Mumbai 400001

"The more our world functions like the natural world, the more likely we are to endure on this home that is ours, but not ours alone."
~ Janine Benyus

Pankaj Kumar

18 Sept 2010, 9:00:40 am18/09/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, Sweedle Cerejo, efloraofindia
yeah this is Vanda tessellata. Regards Pankaj

On 9/18/10, Shantanu Bhattacharya <shn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sweedle..
> Thanks a lot for the ID
>
> regards
> Shantanu.
>

> On 9/18/10, Sweedle Cerejo <sweedle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>

>> This one seems to *Vanda tessellata, *an Orchidaceae member*. *

>> Regards,
>> Sweedle Cerejo
>> Research Fellow
>> St. Xavier's College
>> Mumbai 400001
>>

>> "The more our world functions like the natural world, the more likely we
>> are to endure on this home that is ours, but not ours alone."
>> ~ Janine Benyus
>>

>> On 18 September 2010 15:20, Shantanu Bhattacharya
>> <shn...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> taken this snap of Orchid in October 2009 in Jhargram, Midnapore dist.
>>> West Bengal.
>>> I was surprised to see this plant in such a dry habitat.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Shantanu : )
>>>

>>> Shantanu Bhattacharya.
>>> B.Sc, M.Sc (Zoology)