For Id 310508JM

J.M. Garg

May 31, 2008, 3:23:11 AM5/31/08
to indiantreepix
On 25/5/08 at Sanjeevaiah Park in Secunderabad, AP. There were many trees with a Flowerpecker possibly interested in their fruits. These smallish trees lining both sides of a smallish pathway formed a good roof (over the pathway.)
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gopakumar S

May 31, 2008, 7:31:11 AM5/31/08
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Gargji,
Looks like Muntingia calabura of Elaeocarpaceae.
Gopan

Kerala Agricultural University (www.kau.edu)
Thrissur, Kerala, India
Ph: 0487-2370050,2371018 (Extn-219)
Fax: 0487-2371040, 9447890860 (Mob)
www.foralkau.org

satish phadke

Jun 1, 2008, 4:41:16 AM6/1/08
to Gopakumar S, J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
This is called as Singapur cherry. It is commonly seen in Pune in many areas. Many birds like its fruits ...cherries and thus take part in seed dispersal so many trees are seen growing in open areas.
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/